Gussied Up!!!

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited April 12, 2010 in People
Prom night here tonight. Another one...the last one...EVER....in a couple weeks. Sheesh they grow up so freakin fast...and just as I was beginning to get the whole..."show up somewhere you've never been and shoot in an environment you aren't prepared for, with minimal gear...and oh DAD by the way....can you make them look good?...and quick?" thing.

...and for my friends here...I have to say that she made me a very proud guy this week....check ou the link....
http://www.2theadvocate.com/features/teen/90182752.html

Atta Girl!!!

50D
580EX
17-55mm F2.8IS
a few with a 50mm prime.
Minimal processing on a few....most SOOC albeit through the RAW editor.

1-
833055401_XiRZK-L.jpg

2-

833062406_xJ2om-L.jpg

3-
833030198_io7gy-M.jpg

4-
833053073_FpTkX-L.jpg

5-
833079737_MU5mG-L.jpg

6-
833095807_zBrTQ-M.jpg

7-At 100% Im all warped up....in her ring....:rofl
833112253_HVPw6-XL.jpg

8-
833155797_sVjua-L.jpg

-

Comments

• cjphotojapancjphotojapan Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited April 10, 2010
    Very nice!thumb.gif
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2010
    Oooh! Congrats on her scholarship! Nicely done! Just a little less out of your checkbook, right? So are you gonna do some seminars on how to raise amazing kids next?

About these fantastic photos that I like so very much:

Her date's skin tones sure look tricky.... If it were me, I would be tempted to lasso his noggin and warm up the reds, and leave her the way she is. BUT that requires a trip to PS. His skin looks perfect in 3... and everything else is quite a bit warmer to go with it (that gorgeous characteristic Jeff look).
    :eek1
    What a beautiful lady in an amazing dress! She looks 25% mermaid, %25 the girl next door and 50% really, really hot model.

And one last thing that is totaly off topic of your amazing photos:
    I am so jealous of all your cool bricks you have everywhere. There is NONE here in Alaska. Well, actually I just spotted a brick church. But one building in the entire area (that I know of) isn't enough to suit me. Next you'll tell me that is your back yard. :tough
  • kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2010
    WOW, (jaw drop). BOTH for the pictures and your daughter. Not only is she drop dead beautiful, she is intelligent and talented too!! $40,000 in scolarships (hey a whole year at my school, lol)! Seriously amazing work Jeff. The chocolate in the couples attire and the wood tones, the red brick, the blues...Gosh #2 doesn't get much better for me. I hear you Heather, on the tough skin tones with fair complexions. My dd is very fair, strawberry blonde and when I shoot her next to her creamy tan skinned sister it is hard. So for me #2 and #5 are the tops.. and #6 is just plain cute! So fantastic. Thanks so much for sharing your good news and excellent photos thumb.gif
  • SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2010
    One word - WOW! That's for both the photos and your beautiful and talented daughter. proud Dad? I think so and for good reason!clap.gif
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • pwppwp Registered Users Posts: 230 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2010
    She's gorgeous, and 'grats on the amazing kiddo you've raised! I love the dress, "mermaid" was the first thing that came to mind!

Love all the shots. I agree that the date's skin is probably a bit tricky, but with a girl that pretty, who is looking at her date anyway. Great work!!
    ~Ang~
    My Site
    Proud Photog for The Littlest Heroes Project and Operation: LoveReunited
    Lovin' my Canon 5D Mark II!
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2010
    Oooh! Congrats on her scholarship! Nicely done! Just a little less out of your checkbook, right? So are you gonna do some seminars on how to raise amazing kids next?

No....no seminars. Fortunately...despite the mistakes we've made here and there they have turned out okay. She is still waiting to hear about two additional scholarships....one that she is supposed to be interviewed for....so we will see about those when the time comes. We have been lucky that all three kids have earned some very good academic scholarships. Based on the school she has chosen, hers will pay the largest portion of expenses as compared to my other two. She a hard worker!
    About these fantastic photos that I like so very much:

Her date's skin tones sure look tricky.... If it were me, I would be tempted to lasso his noggin and warm up the reds, and leave her the way she is. BUT that requires a trip to PS. His skin looks perfect in 3... and everything else is quite a bit warmer to go with it (that gorgeous characteristic Jeff look).

His skin really is patchy and red.....very fair. I chose to let it be real rather than get to serious with the PP.
    :eek1
    What a beautiful lady in an amazing dress! She looks 25% mermaid, %25 the girl next door and 50% really, really hot model.
    iloveyou.gif
    And one last thing that is totaly off topic of your amazing photos:
    I am so jealous of all your cool bricks you have everywhere. There is NONE here in Alaska. Well, actually I just spotted a brick church. But one building in the entire area (that I know of) isn't enough to suit me. Next you'll tell me that is your back yard. :tough

One building in the entire area?

Well you are still one up on me......Ive yet to find a single glacier here....not even one.

Not my backyard...someone else's.

100% crop
    833488121_Eczd4-XL.jpg
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2010
    Woohoo! Congrats to her for all her hard work and scholarships! Great job, mom and dad!

I love the brown and turquoise color scheme. Your daughters must have the most amazing dress collection. We've seen a few of them here, and this one is stunning. What a gorgeous group of young ladies in that last shot. Amazing.

I agree with Heather about the skin tones being tricky. Her skin looks perfect in #5 and maybe a bit pink in the shots with her date? But, the colors of their outfits and the great bricks struck me more. thumb.gif
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2010
    Really wonderful shots Jeff, simply stunning. You clearly have so much to be proud of with her. The NICU isn't an easy place, and wanting to help the families who find themselves there takes a really special person. Congratulations to both of you!
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • l.k.madisonl.k.madison Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2010
    Give Bre a hug for me!! That's awesome!! Congrats on the scholarship!!!!

As far as the prom pictures go - I can't believe those babies are so grown up!!! Not that I'm kinda partial to the group at all (my parents are the youth directors for most of those kids), but wow, they're all grown up! As always, your PP is spot on, even with his tough skin tone, he's a sweet kid, I forgive him.

And hat's off to Bre for wanting to become a NICU nurse, there's a special place in Heaven for those nurses, I could never do it. As sweet as those babies are, not all of them are strong enough to fight, unfortunately.
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2010
    Elaine wrote:
    Woohoo! Congrats to her for all her hard work and scholarships! Great job, mom and dad!

I love the brown and turquoise color scheme. Your daughters must have the most amazing dress collection. We've seen a few of them here, and this one is stunning. What a gorgeous group of young ladies in that last shot. Amazing.

I agree with Heather about the skin tones being tricky. Her skin looks perfect in #5 and maybe a bit pink in the shots with her date? But, the colors of their outfits and the great bricks struck me more. thumb.gif

The dress collection....YES....

In fact....I can barely get into MY OWN closet.....!!!rolleyes1.gif

Wont fit in theirs......go figurene_nau.gif
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2010
    Y'all know how to party in LA.... :D:D

Beautiful as always. And also to say... I've been swamped in RL so haven't been quite as omnipresent here on dgrin (!!), but I have caught your other threads, with the usual gorgeous photos of your incredibly beautiful family - always a pleasure to see both thumb.gif

Thanks for sharing, Jeff. And I bet you're proud of her! clap.gif