edited April 14, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Gold Coast Railroad Museum - Miami

833521698_3cHbQ-L-1.jpg

833521577_A3uUp-L.jpg

833521615_fEJPe-L.jpg

833521641_qsucP-L.jpg

833521729_zf79n-L.jpg
AlexFeldsteinPhotography.com
Nikon D700, D300, D80 and assorted glass, old and new.

Comments

• alexfalexf Registered Users Posts: 436 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2010
    I guess people don't care for rust as much as I thought. Not one comment in days. Contrary to perception, I don;'t bite. Say so if you don't like them and tell me how to improve. How else can I learn?
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited April 14, 2010
    alexf wrote:
    I guess people don't care for rust as much as I thought. Not one comment in days. Contrary to perception, I don;'t bite. Say so if you don't like them and tell me how to improve. How else can I learn?

Hey Alex,

There's a lot of randomness in what gets responses on Dgrin, so don't take it too seriously. Just happens sometimes.

That said, I don't think this series is as interesting as your other train posts. There's not nearly enough rust to qualify as a tetanus shot. You would need to fill the frame and make it almost abstract (and push the saturation) to make the rust junkies happy. Both #2 and #5 have the raw material, but you should have gotten much closer so as to make it unclear what we are seeing. Or you could have shown much more, as you did in your other posts. But these are neither fish nor fowl. It would be like working with a beautiful fashion model and only shooting her forearm. mwink.gif
    edited April 14, 2010
    Richard wrote:
    Hey Alex,

There's a lot of randomness in what gets responses on Dgrin, so don't take it too seriously. Just happens sometimes.

That said, I don't think this series is as interesting as your other train posts. There's not nearly enough rust to qualify as a tetanus shot. You would need to fill the frame and make it almost abstract (and push the saturation) to make the rust junkies happy. Both #2 and #5 have the raw material, but you should have gotten much closer so as to make it unclear what we are seeing. Or you could have shown much more, as you did in your other posts. But these are neither fish nor fowl. It would be like working with a beautiful fashion model and only shooting her forearm. mwink.gif

Good points Richard. That's what I want to hear. I do have those you are referring to, still unprocessed. The place is a boon and shot too many keepers. I do see your point and understand it. Helps me grow. Thanks!
  • Shades of HyperionShades of Hyperion Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2010
    This is exactly the subject material I'm looking for for my latest series.

I like the first shot... although the "police tape" catches my eye every time I look at the shot.
    Scooba Steve

Shades of Hyperion photography
    Extraordinary photos can not be had standing where everyone else is standing, looking where everyone else is looking
    edited April 14, 2010
    This is exactly the subject material I'm looking for for my latest series.

I like the first shot... although the "police tape" catches my eye every time I look at the shot.

They have that on many rusted cars to tell people to stay off of them. Good idea. I just cloned it out. Hopefully I did a good job. Thanks!
  • Shades of HyperionShades of Hyperion Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2010
    Nicely done... I do a lot of that with power lines.
    Scooba Steve

Shades of Hyperion photography
    Extraordinary photos can not be had standing where everyone else is standing, looking where everyone else is looking
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2010
    #2 is my favorite, but I like them all. For some reason the way the steps are hanging there and bent really looks interesting.