canon 5d and error 1 question

stirinthesaucestirinthesauce Registered Users Posts: 293 Major grins
edited April 11, 2010 in Cameras
Noticed something new today that hasn't happened to me until today. Noticed that when my tamron 24-135mm is zoomed all the way out (135mm) that my 5d won't release the shutter properly (sounds like it goes up but doesn't want to come down). i then get a error 01. No image is displayed either. It shoots fine at the other zoom ranges.

Any help?

-Jon

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited April 11, 2010
    If it only happens with the one lens and only at a single focal length setting I would suspect an internal short of some kind.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • stirinthesaucestirinthesauce Registered Users Posts: 293 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2010
    ziggy53 wrote:
    If it only happens with the one lens and only at a single focal length setting I would suspect an internal short of some kind.

with the camera or the lens?
    With more testing it seems everything at a 110mm or more. Slapped my 70-200L and everything works normally.

Thanks for the response,

-Jon
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited April 11, 2010
    Sorry. If it only happens with the one lens then it's almost certainly the lens that's the problem.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • stirinthesaucestirinthesauce Registered Users Posts: 293 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2010
    Thank you Ziggy.

Darn dilemma I have. My 24-70 AF motor went out on me a couple months back and I have yet to send it to Sigma for a repair. Now I am having issues with the alternate. Guess I will send the Sigma off ASAP then the Tamron when I get it back.