Normanton Church

AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
edited April 12, 2010 in Landscapes
Normanton Church was built in 1826-9, the original site the church would have placed it below the proposed water line of Rutland Water reservoir. It was saved by a project which raised the floor level of the church and protected the lower part of the building with a pier of stones.

C&C always appreciated, even if its just "I don't like them".

832886464_5JH6b-L-1.jpg

832887505_M686C-L-1.jpg

832888515_GqHJk-L-1.jpg
[EDIT] Replaced duplicate image of #1 with correct image.

833822074_gQt55-L.jpg

Thanks for looking

Peter
Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams

Comments

• stirinthesaucestirinthesauce Registered Users Posts: 293 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2010
    interesting story. Really like #4.

Maybe it's me but the horizon on #1 and #3 seem to be just a tad off. Maybe a degree or so CC would fix it.
  • AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2010
    interesting story. Really like #4.

Maybe it's me but the horizon on #1 and #3 seem to be just a tad off. Maybe a degree or so CC would fix it.
    Thanks for commenting. I've fixed #3 - it was actually a duplicate of #1, just shows I shouldn't post when I'm tired. As for the horizon in #1 it is a bit of a problem, the church is actually horizontal in the image but the spit of land it is on curves out into the water and the stone plinth varies slightly in width along its length. I'll take another look to see if I can fix the apparent angle without having the church appear to be sloping to the left.
    Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams