Seul Choix Shoreline

JoashotsJoashots Registered Users Posts: 138 Major grins
edited April 16, 2010 in Landscapes
Hope everyone had a great weekend. :D
I headed up to Seul Choix point (" si- shwa"), at the northern reaches of lake Michigan, where millenia-old bedrock emerge from the depths - makes for a truly surreal shoreline. Have lots and lots to process...

3 stop + 2 stop grads to even things out. Sharpened and resized.
Thanks for looking.
834016679_2GAPb-L.jpg

835188212_nxPYD-L.jpg
Joash R

If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do. - Samuel Butler

Comments

• JoashotsJoashots Registered Users Posts: 138 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2010
    A few more- for you folks in the midwest, this is a great spot in the UP with a working historical lighthouse, about 80 miles east of the Mackinac bridge.
    835160215_Ho5Ts-L.jpg
    835159438_HgKxZ-L.jpg
    835244445_YHoeF-L.jpg
    835212510_YB6B4-L.jpg
    Joash R

If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do. - Samuel Butler
    edited April 12, 2010
    Nobody, anybody? Beuller?
    Nothing- oh well, a couple more and I'll call it a night.
    835365726_48LkV-L.jpg
    835364612_ZDXkd-L.jpg
    Joash R

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2010
    I cannot believe how many great sunsets there are in this location! Actually, every time I see photos from this place, I think it's in some foreign country. It's awesome that the midwest has such places like this. I love the rock formations and you've caught them during the perfect time of day. thumb.gif
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2010
    Really nice series. I love the first image and the third...great leading lines. The first image is just really easy on the eyes. Beautiful hues and the clarity looks tack sharp.
    edited April 14, 2010
    Thanks Schmoo, this area is definitely a change from the sand and pebble beaches, but the great lake sunsets are always a treat.

Thanks Doug - 3 rd one is my favorite so far. I had leading lines on the brain this trip-have been studying this Michigan photographer's work recently, and I think he is a master of compostition and perspective.
    Joash R

• TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2010
    Very Nice!

my praise really goes to #1, what a moody capture!
    and #2 has some great colors going on, but the FG rock straight center? I dont favor much... (but who asked me? haha)
    however the merging lines in #3 coming straight center do work for me! very nice comp IMHO.
    Aaron Nelson
    edited April 15, 2010
    Thank you for your comments, Aaron. Appreciate your input.
    The first one surprised me as well at the time, when I turned around and saw the enveloping darkness- I guess you sometimes need to turn your back to the sunset.

#3 was my attempt at framing a pentagram. I took a horiziontal as well, but I didn't think it was as effective, I'll see if I can find it.
    Joash R

• dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2010