Options

Export Image format out of Lightroom2

vdotmatrixvdotmatrix Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
edited April 12, 2010 in Finishing School
I shoot exclusively in RAW.

I just made the mistake of sending a Gif file to the color lab for a client. I got it back and noticed the MOIRE pattern, luckily I can have the set reprinted easily in the morning.

What is the prefferred EXPORT format from lightroom2, which may or may not need to go to PS-CS4 before uploading to my color lab.

I have always used JPG, but want to re-test the waters.

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2010
    I export in 2 ways.....

1- file is finished no need for actual PS...except I always sharpen using unsharpmask.....so those files export as largest jpg.......

2- files i know need PS work go as tiff until I am done then they are saved and smugged as largest jpg...............

that is my way and always has been ....................
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    Thunder RabbitThunder Rabbit Registered Users Posts: 172 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2010
    Howdy.

A quick clarification. An image in your Lr catalog which needs to be edited in Ps need not be rendered in any intermediate format. Using the "Edit In" function in Lr (Ctrl+E), Lr will render your RAW image directly, with or without LR adjustments, as a PSD and open it in Ps. When you save it in Ps, changes are immediately rendered in Lr. Export format is not a factor when editing an image from your Lr catalog in Ps.

The PSD file then can be exported from Lr as whatever format needed. Just like any other file type in your catalog. Of course, the most common export format is jpg.
    Peace,
    Lee

Thunder Rabbit GRFX
    www.thunderrabbitgrfx.com