Imagekind frames - can clients order?

jachangjachang Registered Users Posts: 183 Major grins
edited June 6, 2011 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I have a large order for prints, and I have told them about the canvas wrap or box framed prints, but they're thinking they may prefer them framed with glass. Can they order my prints through Imagekind or do I have to do it and settle up the price with them outside of Smugmug?

I suppose they could also just purchase the prints and have them framed at Michael's, or one of those places.

Any advice from people who have already done this?

Thanks,

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2010
    Customers cannot order them but you can order for them :) Thanks!
  • jachangjachang Registered Users Posts: 183 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2010
    Andy wrote:
    Customers cannot order them but you can order for them :) Thanks!

Okay. Good to know. One more question: These prints are going to be hung on the walls of a healthcare center, with lots of traffic passing by them. I had suggested the canvas wraps because I thought they'd look nice, but I'm wondering if framing under glass makes more sense for fear of people getting fingerprints all over them. How strong and dirt-resistant is the canvas?

Thanks,
    edited April 12, 2010
    If you've never seen a canvas in person, you really, really should order one for yourself :) They're rather durable - and they hang in many situations like you describe. But so do framed / glass prints.
    edited April 12, 2010
    Andy wrote:
    If you've never seen a canvas in person, you really, really should order one for yourself :) They're rather durable - and they hang in many situations like you describe. But so do framed / glass prints.

Hmmm...now I want one for myself. :D

Thanks, Andy!
    edited April 12, 2010
    Andy wrote:

Darn--I forgot to ask--on the canvas wraps, which look better between EZ Prints and Bay Photo?
    edited April 12, 2010
    jachang wrote:
    Darn--I forgot to ask--on the canvas wraps, which look better between EZ Prints and Bay Photo?
    Jean - both are of awesome quality - Bay is our True Professional Lab.
    edited April 12, 2010
    Andy wrote:
    Jean - both are of awesome quality - Bay is our True Professional Lab.

I guess I'll have to get one from each and check 'em out.

Thanks.
  • duncande150duncande150 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited June 6, 2011
    Is there any update to clients being able to order from Imagekind? I really like this option for myself but would like it available to customers. Or at least some framing options would
    be nice to have.
    edited June 6, 2011
    guests cannot order from imagekind - we do hope to have more frame options on the site at some point in the future. Thanks.
  • Damon016Damon016 Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2011
    Also, maybe consider the metal print.

http://www.smugmug.com/prints/metalprints

One of the cheerleaders ordered one of these and I didn't think much of it until they sent me some photos of it hanging on their wall. Has the floating look, durable, and modern. Of course if the print it self is better suited for a wrap then this may not be an options. Just thought I would throw it out there.. they look really nice!thumb.gif