My first Newborn besides my own!

BriShayBriShay Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
edited April 15, 2010 in People
So I thought I'd play around and try to find my own style...

What do you think?

24502_417549976437_198779606437_5664144_5063152_n.jpg

24502_417549981437_198779606437_5664145_427403_n.jpg

24502_417550001437_198779606437_5664146_2709906_n.jpg

3 is my fave, i was going to lighten it a bit but ended up liking the look as is.
Shayna
I'm a Nikon Girl:tuesday
www.BriShayPhotography.com

Comments

• kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2010
    Such a cute and tiny little thing! iloveyou.gif

Congrats on your 1st baby shoot. Photographing babies isn't as easy!!

IMHO #2 is the best.. For me #1 and #3 are quite underexposed, and there seems to be a lot of noise in the shadows. You could try pushing the exposure up and running it through some noise software...I agree that these will prob look best in B/W.

If it were me, I would have turned the baby's face towards that flow of natural light that is coming from camera right. Currently now you have the cheek and side of face lit nicely, but that leaves the front of the face quite dark and underexposed. If you only had one window I would have used it to light the front of the face. When I shoot a baby I like to have 2 windows---one to light up the side and one to fill the front of the face with light. I always prefer natural light with babies.

In #2 the catch is off to the side and quite small so it looks like flash which hasn't been widely diffused, or perhaps a side window. This shot is so much brighter than the other two. Nonetheless..more windows=so much easier to shoot! I think you could have used a few more windows for these :) Not always possible though when you are at the mercy of a client's home.

Also in #3 I would have tried to get the babys head higher than body. What I usually use is a boppy under the baby and throw blankets/backdrop over it. If I need to raise or adjust the baby's position I use small towels to move the BOPPY up and down vs the baby. This makes for a happier bub and so easy to adjust baby's position and height then.

Just MY thoughts..hope it helps. thumb.gif Maybe some others will chime in too :) Thanks for sharing!
  • BriShayBriShay Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2010
    THANKS! I did use a Boppy but didn't think of the towel idea!

Yea, i was going to adjust the darkness...but I kinda just went with it because i thought it was a different look...

Thank you so much for your advice! I definatley need to get my lighting down when playing with windows :)
    Shayna
    I'm a Nikon Girl:tuesday
    www.BriShayPhotography.com