Making a living

rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
edited April 14, 2010 in Street and Documentary
835456498_wFt5P-XL-1.jpg

A photo from my "Make every shot count" excursion.

Comments

• lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2010
    I like this very much Rainbow,
    I like the look on the photographer's face "Don't make any eye contact". I know the feeling of feeling pressured to give money and I like the fact that it's all happening during a Union strike rally.

Very nicely done (glad you tried the make every shot count project).
    Liz A.
    _________
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited April 13, 2010
    Well done. Your shooting angle was very good.
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2010
    I don't normally like these types of shots, but the photog's whole demeanour works for the context. It feels like I've been there, I just would be doing it with a branded camera strap!
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2010
    I like this very much Rainbow,
    I like the look on the photographer's face "Don't make any eye contact". I know the feeling of feeling pressured to give money and I like the fact that it's all happening during a Union strike rally.

Very nicely done (glad you tried the make every shot count project).

Thank you very much. The union activity attracted me to the corner (I will post a shot of them later). I took advantage (as did the panhandler) of the picketers detouring the peds toward that side.
    edited April 14, 2010
    Richard wrote:
    Well done. Your shooting angle was very good.

Thanks. I'm glad you liked the shooting angle BECAUSE I had to plan it much more than usual with the limitations of the "Make every shot count" exercise.
    edited April 14, 2010
    michswiss wrote:
    I don't normally like these types of shots, but the photog's whole demeanour works for the context. It feels like I've been there, I just would be doing it with a branded camera strap!

Thanks. I was fortunate because the passerby would be the subject of the photograph and I was fortunate to get the photographer in the right place/time.