Kid

RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
edited April 13, 2010 in Street and Documentary
830206096_AUx66-XL.jpg

C&C always appreciated.

Comments

• rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2010
    I love the expression on the kids face as he assesses the sanity of the musician. Also like the expression of the guy looking at the kid.

Nice catch!
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2010
    This one works for me Richard.
    I can see why you called it "kid", he's the star of this shot. I like the weary look on his face.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2010
    Great picture, and I think there are a number of other pictures all in the same shot depending on how it is cropped.

The kid being right smack in the middle, and everything else is happening on the periphery; his face and expression is the heart of it, and even without the other stuff happening, his face alone is quite a picture.

He's a bit far from his mum, so even if she's cropped, so that it's now portrait format with the kid on the right, and the musician on the left, and the crowd in the b/g.

As for his expression; when I was his age, I remember being fascinated by piano-accordion players… …that instrument is so big that the kid could hide in it! You've captured that beautifully!

Nice job! Lots of things going on, and many possibilities!

thumb.gif

- Wil

BTW - I wonder if the chap to the kid's right is his dad? Looks like he has a camera/phone…
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2010
    I love how the parents are containing him yet letting him get on with his own business. I agree with Wil in that there are many, many cropping possibilities. But the frame as you have it works nicely.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited April 13, 2010
    Thanks for the comments, everyone. The kid might be thinking, "Oh lord, not another street musician." Or not. rolleyes1.gif There are other crop possibilities here, but I went with this one because I liked the way the kid seems to be framed in his own rectangular space.