Don't Drive on the Water

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
edited April 14, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
I saw this sign on the highway near a bridge over the Guadalupe River. It made me laugh because the river is currently full of water.

836097472_HAU9T-L.jpg
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments

• lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2010
    Lauren! you just stirred up some good memories:)
    It was 1991 and I was floating down the Guadalupe River in an innertube with my high school sweetheart.

The way you shot the sign, it looks very imposing and I like the sun behind it--pretty funny sign considering it's nearly overflowing:)
    Liz A.
    _________
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2010
    Liz - I floated the river for a little bit when I was a girl and we visited San Antonio. I only remember being scared, even though I was a good swimmer. I have better memories of whitewater rafting in Idaho as an adult--way cool!!! Thanks for the comment on the sun--I tried to just catch a glimpse of it behind the sign.

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • PhotoLasVegasPhotoLasVegas Registered Users Posts: 264 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2010
    Cool catch but there's no context - you had to explain the reason you took the shot. Someone looking at the photo would say, "hmm, nice picture of a sign".

Try framing so that the river can be seen, even if it's not the focus of the photo. Then everyone can "get it". :)
    Las Vegas Wedding, Family, and Special Event Photographers.

Canon 7d
    2 Canon 40d
    70-200 f2.8L IS, 50mm f1.4, 50mm f1.8, 28mm f1.8, Tamron 17-55 f2.8, ProOptic 8mm Fisheye
    And a bunch of other stuff ;)