Hi folks, new here. :)

JavierJavier Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
edited April 16, 2010 in Street and Documentary
Hi folks.
I am new here. I spent hours in the awesome site yesterday and was pleasantly blown away. When I get home I will comment on many of my favorite images and share a few of mine as well.
For now I leave you with a few recent ones. C.C. always appreciated!
Thanks javier

Juxtaposed ?
IMGP9485.jpg

Pondering
k20DwithSears28mmF2825.jpg

A screamer
k20DwithSears28mmF2842.jpg

Cute
kdps160.jpg

Texting
kdps158.jpg

Comments

• DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2010
    Hey, great start! thumb.gif

Love that Screamer!

Welcome aboard!

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited April 14, 2010
    Welcome to Dgrin, Javier wave.gif. Looking forward to seeing more of your work. thumb.gif
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2010
    Welcome wave.gif

I see your a local LA Shooter

the screamer would be my pick and not just cause she's screaming :D
    edited April 14, 2010
    bfjr wrote:
    Welcome wave.gif

I see your a local LA Shooter

the screamer would be my pick and not just cause she's screaming :D
    Yeah, the reaction from the other photog in the doorway is priceless!

Don
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2010
    Very nice series. ##1 and 3 are my favorites.

Virginia

Email
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2010
    Welcome! Looking forward to more of your work. #3 is my favourite of the series.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • rgphotorgphoto Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2010
    Welcome! I like 2 and 3 the best. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.
    website | blog | twitter | facebook

Nikon d700, sb-600 external flash Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM, AF NIKKOR 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 D, AF-S NIKKOR 18-70mm 1:3.5-4.5 G, AF Promaster Macro

Using photography to pay for engineering school is a bad business plan.
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2010
    Welcome to DGrin!

Nice set of shots. #1 is neat with the three painted faces in the shot. #3 is really a fun capture.
  • JavierJavier Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2010
    Hi Folks. Thank you so much for the encouragement and kind words. Hopefully I can make some time this afternoon to comment on many wonderful photos.
    I have been super busy at work and have had little time the past few days for fun. But tonight is looking good.
    Thanks javier
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2010
    Welcome to your new addiction Javier:D .

Really enjoyed your series, in particular #3 and #4. I like the lack of a reaction on the lady walking by, she just walked right past the almost naked girl on a bike screaming! maybe she didn't see herne_nau.gif . Great and well timed shot.

#4 is a very tender moment and look you captured. I like the hint of the stroller and diaper bag and the little hand sticking up of the older sibling and the backdrop is awesome too.

Welcome and like the rest, looking forward to more posts from you.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited April 15, 2010
    Really enjoyed your series, in particular #3 and #4. I like the lack of a reaction on the lady walking by, she just walked right past the almost naked girl on a bike screaming! maybe she didn't see herne_nau.gif . Great and well timed shot.

you.
    Looks to me like the woman passing behind has headphones on, so is likely tuned out o her surroundings.

Don
    edited April 15, 2010
    DonRicklin wrote:
    Looks to me like the woman passing behind has headphones on, so is likely tuned out o her surroundings.

Don

I saw the earphones but the lady on the bike was coming right at her from the opposite direction almost naked and screaming, lol, I just can't get over that. Maybe she has her eyes closed toorolleyes1.gif .

That is one seriously tuned out lady.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • JavierJavier Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2010
    Welcome to your new addiction Javier:D .

#4 is a very tender moment and look you captured. I like the hint of the stroller and diaper bag and the little hand sticking up of the older sibling and the backdrop is awesome too.

Welcome and like the rest, looking forward to more posts from you.

Thank you very much. I am a sucker for affection and amour. I love family's and couples in particular. I love the feeling of being right there which is why 90% of my images are with a 24mm prime on APS-C or 35 to 40 on full frame.

This is one of my favorites but I was so concerened by trying to catch the moment that I was shooting right into the sun, very hurried and tried to save it with pp that I am not very good at. Still, I like this one.

IMGP5701g.jpg

Here is another, no more than a few feet away.
    k7Venice110.jpg
    edited April 16, 2010
    Javier,
    I like your two additional shots. The one that you shot against the sun is noisy, but still works, I can see why it's one of your favorites. Il like the rim of light around the two lovebirds.

The second one of the new set is great too--I love the body language, the frown on his face, the awkward angle of her arm and again the background is just great.
    Liz A.
    _________