the ladies' house

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited July 5, 2004 in Wildlife
this is the oldest structure in nyc's central park. frederick law olmsted, who designed and built the park, had this made so that he'd have a shady dry place to hang with his lady friends. later, it became the place where the fashionable nyc women would hang out. the men would stand across the lake, smoking cigars and ogling the women :wink

shot in infrared, with my ir-modified sony f828, hoya r72 aboard. in post, multiple luminosity toning layers to get the different colors in the leaves and water.

5048290-L.jpg

enjoy (infrared) photography,

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2004
    Cool shot.

I've been interested in IR for a while, but I'm already spending too much on my photography as it is, and to get IR to work in digiital would mean buying another camera...
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2004
    DavidTO wrote:
    Cool shot.

I've been interested in IR for a while, but I'm already spending too much on my photography as it is, and to get IR to work in digiital would mean buying another camera...

thanks david!

well, think about this: you can buy a used f717 sony on ebay for cheap, put on hoya r72 and use it in nightshot mode... you get fantastic ir from it.

then when ready, you can spend $250 and have it modified for full=time ir by

maxmax.com

thanks for stopping by and commenting!