Just want to say thanks

ColoradoSkierColoradoSkier Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
edited May 22, 2010 in Mind Your Own Business
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone I have corresponded with publicly and in private regarding the sports stuff I plan to do this year. You have all given me valuable things to consider, and I really appreciate it. My success will be due in large part to these conversations. I really appreciate it.
Chester Bullock
Lakewood, Colorado, USA
My Pictures | My blog
Facebook | Twitter

Comments

• SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2010
    I just wanted to say thank you to everyone I have corresponded with publicly and in private regarding the sports stuff I plan to do this year. You have all given me valuable things to consider, and I really appreciate it. My success will be due in large part to these conversations. I really appreciate it.

And thank you for reciprocating!mwink.gif
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • GlortGlort Registered Users Posts: 1,015 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2010
    I look forward to hearing how you go with it.
  • ColoradoSkierColoradoSkier Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2010
    Been in Orlando all week for a work related conference. Didn't get to the pics at all. The day (last Sunday) went really well. Several parents were really pleased with the offering and prices (got several "I expected to pay $XXX for Lifetouch crap" statements). Clearly things were not communicated well internally within the organization, as several parents and coaches were very surprised (and not prepared) for it to not be Lifetouch. 60% placed an order for something, and a large portion of the remainder wanted to know if they could order after they get the league-paid-for sports composite. Clearly they want to see the quality of the pic, and I respect that. I am also not so naive to think they will all order something after the fact, but some after sales would still be good. For several kids I also shot multiple poses, so I will also put them on Smugmug for sales of those poses.

My helpers (family) were great and things went off without a hitch. Going to spend today and tomorrow getting the orders ready for processing. Also going to prep the marketing materials for fall midget football (they should be making photographer decisions soon). This was definitely worth it and I am going to be more aggressive in getting some new business next year.
    Chester Bullock
    Lakewood, Colorado, USA
    My Pictures | My blog
    Facebook | Twitter