fairies (input, as always, welcome)

SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
edited August 16, 2005 in People
EDIT: wow guys i am SO SORRY but i just realized when people told me how they liked how i was the photographer AND the model in these photos and went back and read this info that i realized i had inadvertantly made it sound like i was the boy in the shots. i am not. the boy in the shots' name is Sean. he is a friend of mine and kelsey's. the reason i did not mention him but mentioned kelsey before is because i felt that she deserved credit for the initial inspiration for the concept of the photos with me. sorry guys didn't mean to be confusing, so here's the final breakdown, MODELS: sean and kelsey PHOTOGRAPHER: me, Ema. once again, sorry for the confusion....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

this is a shoot i did about a month ago. it was a LOT of fun except for the whole outdoors thing. the girl in the shots and I are friends and we came up with the concept of this shoot together. We both feel that it turned out exactly how we had hoped.

fairy1.jpg

fairytales1.jpg

kissies1.jpg

reading1.jpg

andtheylivedhappily3.jpg

like i said in the title, i'd love to know what ya'll think.

Comments

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2005
    nOrmalSukx wrote:
    this is a shoot i did about a month ago. it was a LOT of fun except for the whole outdoors thing. the girl in the shots and I are friends and we came up with the concept of this shoot together. We both feel that it turned out exactly how we had hoped.

thats a very sweet and different series. Quite magical. What are you going to use it for.. it's ingriqueing thumb.gif
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited August 13, 2005
    well first off thanks so much! i'm really glad that you like it!

sadly...i dont really use my photography for anything. besides my own personal fun and i guess building up my portfolio for after i get out of high school. it's really difficult to know what i CAN do w/ my photography... any help w/ that would actually be really nice....it's really hard to get any good direction on opportunities and stuff. and knowing whether i'm even good enough to get into the professional world of photography...

do you have any advice or ideas?
    thanks so much again btw.

lynnma wrote:
    thats a very sweet and different series. Quite magical. What are you going to use it for.. it's ingriqueing thumb.gif
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2005
    nOrmalSukx wrote:
    well first off thanks so much! i'm really glad that you like it!

sadly...i dont really use my photography for anything. besides my own personal fun and i guess building up my portfolio for after i get out of high school. it's really difficult to know what i CAN do w/ my photography... any help w/ that would actually be really nice....it's really hard to get any good direction on opportunities and stuff. and knowing whether i'm even good enough to get into the professional world of photography...

do you have any advice or ideas?
    thanks so much again btw.
    My advice is shoot shoot and shoot and then post here and post again. There are so many great photographers here only too willing to help out, it's a wonderful resource and I know that I for one have learned so much (still a long way to go tho.. thats why I'm still here rolleyes1.gif )

Just keep doing what you are doing and read a lot of these posts to learn. clap.gif
  • XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2005
    nOrmalSukx wrote:

reading1.jpg

andtheylivedhappily3.jpg

I LOVE the last two they are GREAT, also, this theme would end itself well for PS work.
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com
    edited August 13, 2005
    thanks so much. sorry, but what's PS work? *totally clueless*lol.
  • fraincsfraincs Registered Users Posts: 126 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2005
    PS work means Photoshop enchancment, photoshop is actually : A professional image-editing and graphics creation software from Adobe. It provides a large library of effects, filters and layers.

great job by the way!

fairytales1.jpgthumb.gif
    edited August 13, 2005
    cool, thanks. i know what photoshop is i'm just an idiot when it comes to abbreviations like that lol. but yea i really suck w/ photoshop-like software sadly... :(
    and thanks so much .

fraincs wrote:
    PS work means Photoshop enchancment, photoshop is actually : A professional image-editing and graphics creation software from Adobe. It provides a large library of effects, filters and layers.
  • burkeburke Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2005
    I like them too - very refreshing and fun!
    The b&w one is my favorite..

Just curious: Why do you say " it was a LOT of fun except for the whole outdoors thing"? What problems did you come across?
    ~Autumn
    edited August 13, 2005
    haha well this was mid july in the middle of Texas. so it was HOTT and there were fire ants like crazy and the girl in the photos, kelsey, and i are both slightly allergic. plus i was a bit sick so the pollen and stuff didn't help any. and getting kelsey up the tree. that was difficult. but it was still fun.

burke wrote:
    I like them too - very refreshing and fun!
    The b&w one is my favorite..

Just curious: Why do you say " it was a LOT of fun except for the whole outdoors thing"? What problems did you come across?
    ~Autumn
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2005
    nice series, i get the feeling of magic and iloveyou.gif
    edited August 13, 2005
    haha yea iloveyou.gif indeed. thanks so much
    andy wrote:
    nice series, i get the feeling of magic and iloveyou.gif
  • kadesotokadesoto Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited August 15, 2005
    Nice!
    Superfantastic work!

I love all the colors. It's especially impressive considering you were the photographer, but in some of those pictures!

(I'm right, yes?)

My favorite one is where she's in the tree above you. It keeps the fairy-tale aspect but has a little sensual aspect with the long legs.

Lucky to have a friend that'll do this with you. The pictures will last a lifetime.
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2005
    #3 is great!

Creative set!
  • douglasdouglas Registered Users Posts: 696 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2005
    These are great shots, very magical. I feel it is creativeness like this that keeps things fresh and exciting, and helps one stay active in shooting. As long as we keep shooting we keep learning.
    Best regards,
    douglas
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited August 16, 2005
    I always love seeing your stuff. It's a bit different than what I'm used to
    and it's always unique. These shots convey a rather mystical sense.

Nice work!

Oh, and that summer in TX thing? Highly over rated :D

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • fdpiechfdpiech Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited August 16, 2005
    nOrmalSukx wrote:
    i'd love to know what ya'll think.
    I think you two did an outstanding job. Good work.
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited August 16, 2005
    Owen wrote:
    #3 is great!

Creative set!
    15524779-Ti.gif with Owen. I liked most of the shots in your series, but #3 really brought out the "magic" for me. It really looked like something out of Peter Pan thumb.gifthumb.gif As already mentioned, a bit of post processing would help most of your shots. Even if used to just reduce some of the background brightness.

These are going to look sweet in your portfolio clap.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2005
    I also love the shot where Kelsey is in the tree and the one where she's kissing your cheek. I think these are great shots, and I should know since I am an expert on faeries (I am one after all, Laughing.gif).

what a fun set!
  • schik13schik13 Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited August 16, 2005
    B&W
    The Black and White photo is amazing. The whole series of shots turned out great, and it was a wonderful idea. You have talent and with work could definately turn this into a money making opportunity. There is a definate market for magical or mystical shots. Some motion effects or blurring could make these photos even more magical looking and amazing.
    Schik 13
    edited August 16, 2005
    oh my gosh, i finally went back and read what i had written in the info and realized how it looked like I was the boy in the photos! hahhaha! no actually i'm not, he's also a friend of mine named sean. sorry to have inadvertantly mislead you. i hope you still like the photos!

kadesoto wrote:
    Superfantastic work!

I love all the colors. It's especially impressive considering you were the photographer, but in some of those pictures!

(I'm right, yes?)

My favorite one is where she's in the tree above you. It keeps the fairy-tale aspect but has a little sensual aspect with the long legs.

Lucky to have a friend that'll do this with you. The pictures will last a lifetime.
    edited August 16, 2005
    thanks so much

Owen wrote:
    #3 is great!

Creative set!
    edited August 16, 2005
    really good words of wisdom

douglas wrote:
    These are great shots, very magical. I feel it is creativeness like this that keeps things fresh and exciting, and helps one stay active in shooting. As long as we keep shooting we keep learning.
    edited August 16, 2005
    aww thanks so much i'm glad you like it.

is my stuff different? how so? (just curious not offended or anything :D )

and that summer in central TX thing is so not over rated unless you're from mexico, arizona or nevada lol. it was about 102 that day.

ian408 wrote:
    I always love seeing your stuff. It's a bit different than what I'm used to
    and it's always unique. These shots convey a rather mystical sense.

Nice work!

Oh, and that summer in TX thing? Highly over rated :D

Ian
    edited August 16, 2005
    oh my gosh, i finally went back and read what i had written in the info and realized how it looked like I was the boy in the photos! hahhaha! no actually i'm not, he's also a friend of mine named sean. sorry to have inadvertantly mislead you. i hope you still like the photos!

I also love the shot where Kelsey is in the tree and the one where she's kissing your cheek. I think these are great shots, and I should know since I am an expert on faeries (I am one after all, Laughing.gif).

what a fun set!
    edited August 16, 2005
    wow thanks so much and i REALLY hope you're right about the whole turning my stuff into money thing lol.

schik13 wrote:
    The Black and White photo is amazing. The whole series of shots turned out great, and it was a wonderful idea. You have talent and with work could definately turn this into a money making opportunity. There is a definate market for magical or mystical shots. Some motion effects or blurring could make these photos even more magical looking and amazing.
  • MainFraggerMainFragger Registered Users Posts: 563 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2005
    The only thing I would have done...
    nOrmalSukx wrote:
    EDIT: wow guys i am SO SORRY but i just realized when people told me how they liked how i was the photographer AND the model in these photos and went back and read this info that i realized i had inadvertantly made it sound like i was the boy in the shots. i am not. the boy in the shots' name is Sean. he is a friend of mine and kelsey's. the reason i did not mention him but mentioned kelsey before is because i felt that she deserved credit for the initial inspiration for the concept of the photos with me. sorry guys didn't mean to be confusing, so here's the final breakdown, MODELS: sean and kelsey PHOTOGRAPHER: me, Ema. once again, sorry for the confusion....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fairy1.jpg

fairytales1.jpg

kissies1.jpg

reading1.jpg

andtheylivedhappily3.jpg

I would have had him look a little more surprised at the kisses. One or two with some rouge on his cheeks might even have made it look like he was blushing..

MainFragger
    edited August 16, 2005
    wow that's a great idea, i'll have to remember that for next time. thanks so much for taking the time to help.

I would have had him look a little more surprised at the kisses. One or two with some rouge on his cheeks might even have made it look like he was blushing..

MainFragger