Zoom... oh to be 10 again

MacushlaMacushla Registered Users Posts: 347 Major grins
edited April 16, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
These photos were taken as an assignment for the photography group I just joined. It's a pretty easy going group of photographers of all skill levels. The assignment was; "Burst Zoom" Fun time. Zoom during a capture. You will need either a very quick hand with your zoom control, or a slow shutter speed; we suggest the latter. After a little fine tuning, you'll get some cool effects! Show us your best ones.

What do you think? I layered the kid and bike on the shot afterward.
Sean%20Burst1.jpg

sean%20burst%202.jpg

sean%20burst%203.jpg

Comments

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2010
    I like the first photo -- looks more realistic.
  • MacushlaMacushla Registered Users Posts: 347 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2010
    rolleyes1.gifrofl I wasn't really going for realistic! I was just goofing around trying to get a fun shot.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2010
    Macushla wrote:
    rolleyes1.gifrofl I wasn't really going for realistic! I was just goofing around trying to get a fun shot.

I understand -- you achieved a "fun shot" thumb.gif
  • PhotoLasVegasPhotoLasVegas Registered Users Posts: 264 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2010
    Neat shots, but I wonder the point of laying afterwards vs. doing it all in-camera.. Seems to me the point of the exercise is to get the subject still and the rest blurred - but do it "live". If you wanted the blur effect, it would have been easier to just shoot a clear shot and then blur in PS, vs having to cut/paste/layer...

At our weddings we always try to do a shot during the 1st dance where the B&G's heads are steady but the surrounding is like on #1 above... using 2nd curtain flash it almost always works, but it's hard to do!

Not to take away from the shots, they are interesting and neat, your "client" will love them too! :)
    Las Vegas Wedding, Family, and Special Event Photographers.

Canon 7d
    2 Canon 40d
    70-200 f2.8L IS, 50mm f1.4, 50mm f1.8, 28mm f1.8, Tamron 17-55 f2.8, ProOptic 8mm Fisheye
    And a bunch of other stuff ;)