Bucketman

rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
edited April 16, 2010 in Street and Documentary
837451368_j727p-XL.jpg

One from my "Make every shot count" exercise.

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited April 15, 2010
    I like the composition and expressions. I know you're not a fan of high-contrast, but I do think that this one would profit from a boost. deal.gif
  • PhotoLasVegasPhotoLasVegas Registered Users Posts: 264 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2010
    I think I'd like to see a bit more of the guy, and in focus... the viewers oof.
    Las Vegas Wedding, Family, and Special Event Photographers.

Canon 7d
    2 Canon 40d
    70-200 f2.8L IS, 50mm f1.4, 50mm f1.8, 28mm f1.8, Tamron 17-55 f2.8, ProOptic 8mm Fisheye
    And a bunch of other stuff ;)
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2010
    Richard wrote:
    I like the composition and expressions. I know you're not a fan of high-contrast, but I do think that this one would profit from a boost. deal.gif

Funny you say that Richard,
    For me this is about as high contrast as I've seen Rainbow getrolleyes1.gif --but I'm in agreement, kick it up a little still--we'll convert you yet Rainbow!

I like the shot very much. I like the look of total enjoyment on the lady's face. I know the feeling--good street performers can give one a lift.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2010
    Richard wrote:

It was a cloudy, drab day and the contrast in such a scene is not as great as many might PP this shot to. As you know, I resist bumping contrast to avoid blowing highlights. However, just as I have become much more a b&w poster (due to B.D.'s influence), I am certainly increasing my contrast slowly due to nudging from you and others (and viewing other higher contrast photos). But I also hope there is a reciprocal effect whereby you and others may consider decreasing contrast at times to perhaps improve some images.
    edited April 15, 2010
    I think I'd like to see a bit more of the guy, and in focus... the viewers oof.

Thanks for the feedback. Title aside, I actually like him on the edge and OOF as the passerby is the intended subject and this accentuates that.
    edited April 16, 2010
    Funny you say that Richard,
    For me this is about as high contrast as I've seen Rainbow getrolleyes1.gif --but I'm in agreement, kick it up a little still--we'll convert you yet Rainbow!

So much for my strategy of pumping up the contrast so high that I could barely stand it so that the contrast junkies :jose would back off...blbl.gif

Thanks for the insight and comments!