Natural light

gypsiwomengypsiwomen Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited April 15, 2010 in People
Hi all, This is my first post so not really sure I am doing it correctly..I have been searching so please be patient with me..let me know if this is in the correct section.
Thoughts are always appreciated..looking forward to checking out this site and getting to know some of you.
Carolyn

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2010
    Hi, Carolyn wave.gif

There's a link to how to post images in my signature.

As for the photo - WoW, now that's a way to make an enterance! I love the light coming up into her face. What was being used as a reflector? Some sort of paper or book or something? Doesn't really matter - it's just very nice light!

Oh, and the rest of the photograph don't suck either :D The background is so nicely OOF, there's not much problem with distracting background. I think I might darken the greenery in the background just a little bit and/or induce a subtle dark vignette. Nice.
  • CaspianCaspian Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2010
    Beautiful picture, very nicely done. I am also interested in your answers to Scott's questions.

Welcome to the group.
    David
  • gypsiwomengypsiwomen Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited April 15, 2010
    Hi, Carolyn wave.gif

There's a link to how to post images in my signature.

As for the photo - WoW, now that's a way to make an enterance! I love the light coming up into her face. What was being used as a reflector? Some sort of paper or book or something? Doesn't really matter - it's just very nice light!

Oh, and the rest of the photograph don't suck either :D The background is so nicely OOF, there's not much problem with distracting background. I think I might darken the greenery in the background just a little bit and/or induce a subtle dark vignette. Nice.

Thanks Scott for the welcome and the kind words. Don't know what the sorce of light was on her face other then she was sitting aways from me and I liked the light...so it is truly straight out of the camera...shoot raw...with little twik.
  • gypsiwomengypsiwomen Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited April 15, 2010
    Caspian wrote:
    Beautiful picture, very nicely done. I am also interested in your answers to Scott's questions.

Welcome to the group.
    David

Thank you, David! I saw some of your images and wondered if they were in Madeira beach,Florida...I lived there for some time.
  • CaspianCaspian Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2010
    gypsiwomen wrote:
    Thank you, David! I saw some of your images and wondered if they were in Madeira beach,Florida...I lived there for some time.

Not Madeira Beach, FL. I live in the little Cincinnati suburb of Madeira, Ohio. I only wish we had a beach and ocean here.
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2010
    :D I agree with Scott....very nice, soft and subtle light.....she HAD to be reading.thumb.gif

Thanks for sharing.