Fern Lake (NY - Adirondacks)

ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
edited May 17, 2008 in Landscapes
My family owns two cabins on Fern Lake in NY... we go every summer--- and well it's just too beautiful *not* to take pictures!

Comments etc. welcome as always :)

29738565-M.jpg

29738583-M.jpg

29739196-M.jpg

29738728-M.jpg

29739471-M.jpg

Well there's just some of the many landscapes you can see from Fern Lake :) I love going... if only it was closer...

Comments

• marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2005
    It looks like a place you could really lose track of time. You captured that mood beautifully. I especially like the last one, since it makes me want to step on that boat, and get on the water. How's that new camera treating you?
    enjoy being here while getting there
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2005
    It's been treating me quite well I must say, and yeah, Fern Lake really *is* the place you can lose track of time quite easily, it's got such a relaxing atmosphere to it. I love it there.
    edited August 22, 2005
    Here's another picture of the water / boat looking inviting:

29738980-M.jpg
  • behr655behr655 Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2005
    Very nice shot Shima. I just got back from the Adirondacks last week. We were camping at Meacham Lake. I don't know if that is near Fern Lake.

This is a shot from the Osgood River looking into Meacham Lake:

32930916-M.jpg

Bear
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2005
    Nice shots Shima. How did you like your Japanese lessons?

Erich
    edited August 23, 2005
    behr655 wrote:
    Very nice shot Shima. I just got back from the Adirondacks last week. We were camping at Meacham Lake. I don't know if that is near Fern Lake.

This is a shot from the Osgood River looking into Meacham Lake:

Bear
    I always love seeing pictures of other areas upstate, do not think it is close though as I've never heard of it before.
    edited August 23, 2005
    erich6 wrote:
    Nice shots Shima. How did you like your Japanese lessons?

Erich
    They went amazingly well. I can now read & write a total of about 350 kanji, and if we're just doing reading only it's probably somewhere in the 400 range... as for speaking I am on a conversational level with Japanese and can do most conversations in daily life (weather, travel, school, work, etc) but I'm not quite up to the really picky topics yet (politics, enviromental issures, etc) that's my next step :)
  • bombardierbombardier Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited May 17, 2008
    Very nice pictures. I own cabin on Fern Lake as well and it is nice to see some pictures from home :D