Ste. Elizabeth monochromes

invisibleinvisible Registered Users Posts: 440 Major grins
edited April 16, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
This was my third visit to Ste. Elizabeth (small ghost town in Manitoba, Canada), and I wasn't sure whether I'd be able to find anything new to shoot or not. It turned out that all the three houses looked even more vandalized than they were last summer, so the photo opps were very limited.

Across the street from the ghost town there's a house and a trailer where the "mayor" of the town lives. He takes care of the church (see photo #3), which -- despite being in this God-forsaken place -- is in good shape and still fully functional.

1. Desaulniers'
p156418605-4.jpg

2. Cell
p840668116-4.jpg

3. Church
p501986539-4.jpg

4. Odilon's stairs
p728515070-4.jpg

I'll post some colour images tomorrow.

Thanks for looking :)
I steal the soul of inanimate things.

Federico
Website / Flickr

Comments

• RidgetopRidgetop Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2010
    I like that last shot. I live in the American Desert West, but most of the ghost towns around here have either been turned into a major tourist trap or have burned down.

I love that last shot of the stairs. I wish I had places like that to explore that are in relatively "good" condition.
  • invisibleinvisible Registered Users Posts: 440 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2010
    Ridgetop wrote:
    I like that last shot. I live in the American Desert West, but most of the ghost towns around here have either been turned into a major tourist trap or have burned down.

I love that last shot of the stairs. I wish I had places like that to explore that are in relatively "good" condition.
    Thanks much, Ridgetop. I'm not familiar with your neck of the woods, but I'm sure there are a lot of hidden gems outside of the tourist circuit. Just make it a habit to hop onto your car and drive deep into the back country... You should be able to find plenty of untouched abandoned stuff to have fun with :)
    I steal the soul of inanimate things.

Federico
    Website / Flickr