Seniors | Vivian - C&C Welcomed!

JonDraperPhotoJonDraperPhoto Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
edited April 17, 2010 in People
So Vivian contacted me a few weeks ago about doing her photos and I gladly accepted. I was excited to go to a cool place to take her photos until I received an email that said something about her wanting to take them in her grandparents backyard. I was thinking of a normal backyard.. but when I got there, the yard was a yard made for a photoshoot. I ended up taking more pictures than normal for a senior shoot and I believe they turned out great.

Let me know what you guys think of a few of the series. I like to hear feedback on my work. For the full set, check out www.JonDraperPhoto.com
1 - 835514024_3Ckzr-M.jpg
2 - 835516441_yKpzs-M.jpg
3 - 835516248_GdX2X-M.jpg4 - 835515849_SqAJy-M.jpg
5 - 835516554_nbyBx-M.jpg

Comments

• CaspianCaspian Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2010
    I like this set and there are some on your web site that I like even better.

In this set, #1 & 2 are my favorites and #3 looks too blown out on the left side IMO. I like that look, but in this case it seems a little distracting to me.

The grandmother's backyard looks like a great place for pictures. Maybe she will let you return with other seniors. ;) What kind of post processing do you do, like darkening corners and edges? That is the next thing that I need to work on.
  • rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2010
    Beautiful set of very beautiful girl. Setting looks like a photographers paradise.

My only nit is that all the expression are the same with nice big beautiful smile. I would prefer to see more variety in her facial expression. There was one on your website that was a B & W conversion I think, that had a more serious expression. More of that would have been nice.
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2010
    I really like #2. The first angle/crop simply isn't flattering for her facial lines and smile. The other's (3&5) need a bit of a side POV rather than straight on for a more appealing look IMHO.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2010
    Just beautifuuulll!!!! Love the whole set! iloveyou.gif
  • JonDraperPhotoJonDraperPhoto Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited April 16, 2010
    thank you guys very much for the response.. As far as post processing goes, it's a lot of exposure fixing on the face and eyes as well as darkening edges with a high pass and darkening the edges of the photos. But thank you guys for the feedback. I like to hear opinions so the next time I head out I can think what to improve on!
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2010
    Like your settings for these shots, very nice place. Perhaps lessening the shadows under the puffy area under her eyes will help in a couple of these. I've found the patch tool in CS4 very helpful in this regard.

Love here eyes in the first one, and also like #2. I think you could also crop #2 vertical and clip some of the bike and have something very different and also wonderful from that same shot.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • DeuceFourDeuceFour Registered Users Posts: 350 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2010
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Just beautifuuulll!!!! Love the whole set! iloveyou.gif

15524779-Ti.gif This is a great series!! I looked at the whole set on your site! Great Job. If you really wanted to get picky you could always do some retouching in photoshop but that goes for anything. Well Done!!
  • barbnjonbarbnjon Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited April 16, 2010
    I really like these! They're like photojournalistic senior photos. So fresh and unique! Good job.
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2010
  • SvennieSvennie Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2010
    Nice job! On your website there are plenty more of the backyard, looks great!
    I really love the last one on your site thumb.gif

Next to the expression tip, here is another one: next time ask her to bring another outfit. She was at her grandparents, so that's a nice place where she probably would feel comfortable changing clothes.
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2010
  • JonDraperPhotoJonDraperPhoto Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited April 17, 2010
    Thank you all a ton again for your input and encouraging words