Options

Hazel, Part II: On the bench (18+)

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited April 23, 2010 in Go Figure
Once we were done with rose it was time to play with some fabric :wink
I kept Hazel on the bench, only asked her to kneel, so she would have more movement freedom.

#1:

838820323_PQRyq-XL.jpg

#2:

838915744_CnfKn-XL.jpg

#3:

838915779_WDQzm-XL.jpg

#4:

838915751_fPA6V-XL.jpg

#5:

838915758_HKGqu-XL.jpg

#6:

838915777_WVxmN-XL.jpg

#7:

838915755_B4SsV-XL.jpg

#8:

838813375_DtHrD-XL.jpg

Canon 5DMkII + 24-105, ACR 6.1, PS CS5

Enjoy! C&C welcome!
This post was made with the assistance of Star*Explorer
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Options
    Candid ArtsCandid Arts Registered Users Posts: 1,685 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2010
    Nik, On that last photo, you can see your light just a tad on the left side of the frame, just above where the fabric is reaching towards the edge...easy to clone out...

Excellent work. Just one light?
  • Options
    edited April 18, 2010
    Nik, On that last photo, you can see your light just a tad on the left side of the frame, just above where the fabric is reaching towards the edge...easy to clone out...

Excellent work. Just one light?
    Ouch! I thought I cloned it out, but apparently I left that thin line which belnded with the gray wallpaper of PS and I didn't notice this remnant. :bash That's a lesson to me to work on a different BG. Thank you for catchin it up! thumb.gif
    Yes, it was kinda one light. I'm still playing with the "Little Dutch Masters" single-window-only-light technique, so I'm using two AB800 untis with their 2x4 "giant" collapsible softboxes set side by side, so effectively they work as a single square 4x4 double diffused (and grided) softbox. I also keep a silver reflector on the opposite side to fill the shadows a bit, barely half a stop.

When she was standing I also added another light to illuminate the fabric itself. You can see the setup shots in this thread:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=164737

Thanks again! thumb.gif
  • Options
    b8264db8264d Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited April 19, 2010
    These are amazing! I like the way just adding fabric seems to add much more drama and action to the images, though I realize it has more to it than just the fabric. Really nicely done, and always, I really like the lighting.
  • Options
    edited April 19, 2010
    b8264d wrote:
    These are amazing! I like the way just adding fabric seems to add much more drama and action to the images, though I realize it has more to it than just the fabric. Really nicely done, and always, I really like the lighting.
    Thank you, appreciate your kind words! thumb.gif
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2010
    Number 4 is so very finely executed. The rest, to me could have well done without the chain. While I enjoy the chain in the others in this series, I think in these it detracts more than aides~

:D
    tom wise
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2010
    angevin1 wrote:
    Number 4 is so very finely executed. The rest, to me could have well done without the chain. While I enjoy the chain in the others in this series, I think in these it detracts more than aides~

:D
    Thanks Tom! thumb.gif
    Re: chain: we both loved it so much that we didn't want to part with it mwink.gif
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2010
    Nikolai wrote:
    Thanks Tom! thumb.gif
    Re: chain: we both loved it so much that we didn't want to part with it mwink.gif
    Naughty boy!thumb.gif
    tom wise
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2010
    angevin1 wrote:
    Naughty boy!thumb.gif
    Laughing.gif
    You have no idea mwink.gif