Just getting back in the swing of things

itsaduckitsaduck Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
edited April 20, 2010 in People
...after some time off for baby #5. Caught her sister while testing light for a different shoot. Thought I'd share to get back into the world of critiques :)

839461857_2FNXi-L-2.jpg

Comments

• SurfdogSurfdog Registered Users Posts: 297 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2010
    Beautiful! Great expression, comp, lighting, etc. Those eyes are amazing.thumb.gif
    http://www.dvivianphoto.com

Don't worry. I can fix you in photoshop.
  • kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2010
    Pure sweetness! Love it! Wow...baby number FIVE?!!! I'm completely swamped (and feeling crazy) with 4...And also feeling D.O.N.E! Couldn't imagine having enough energy for 5! Hats off! Great shot :)
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2010
    My first impression was, nice shot! Then as I looked closer I saw what seemed to be artifacts. After more scrutiny I could see it was your watermark.

My only suggestion would be to redo your watermark. :D

Sam
  • itsaduckitsaduck Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited April 18, 2010
    @Sam - ha! You know, I used to have one of those corner jobbies, but then I saw pics of my kids out there so now whenever I have my personal shots online, I use the tile. For proofing etc, it's much smaller and in the corner.

@Kidzmom - yes, I'm done now too at five. But they are my best subjects so I put up with them :D

Thanks for commenting! Hopefully more to come when I get the chance to shoot and post.
  • rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2010
    She is precious!! Great capture and know mom will be very happy with that one. Love those eyes and expression!!
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2010
    Sam wrote:
    My first impression was, nice shot! Then as I looked closer I saw what seemed to be artifacts. After more scrutiny I could see it was your watermark.

My only suggestion would be to redo your watermark. :D

Sam

I agree the watermark needs some help, but despite that I think Sam was on target. Some areas appear oversharpened...and contain artifacts.
  • itsaduckitsaduck Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited April 20, 2010
    thanks for all the c&c...I fixed the watermark