High & Dry

webwizardwebwizard Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
edited August 22, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
I took these on Pensacola beach just after Hurricane Danny. Too early for the theme but I just thought I would share it and ask for comments.

Edited this in Photoshop and lost the EXIF but I just learned about the "Save As" Tnx

30441196-L.jpg

http://webwiz.smugmug.com/photos/newexif.mg?ImageID=30441205

30441205-L.jpg

Comments

• ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2005
    Geez, that works well for the theme. I live in Charleston, SC. I am terrified about hurricanes this yr. However your photo.............well, slap me down if I even think it!

The question is whether winning a challenge is ever worth the hassle and distruction of a hurricane. And both are biggies, having lost a lot to a hurricane in 1989, I know. But the photographer in me........

A close miss, one that I could drive to???? No, slap me down!

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • dimmdimm Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited August 15, 2005
    IMHO, #2 is completely answers to subject.
  • SnapHappySnapHappy Registered Users Posts: 328 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2005
    I like No.1 I just don't Quite like the right hand side of the picture.

No.2 is a great shot. Would have been perfect for the challenge. i like the composition and that sky looks great.

It's exactly the theme that I was going to go for, headed down to the coast the other day but couldn't find anything of interest and it was far too busy. thumb.gif
  • webwizardwebwizard Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited August 16, 2005
    SnapHappy wrote:
    I like No.1 I just don't Quite like the right hand side of the picture.

No.2 is a great shot. Would have been perfect for the challenge. i like the composition and that sky looks great.

It's exactly the theme that I was going to go for, headed down to the coast the other day but couldn't find anything of interest and it was far too busy. thumb.gif
    I had a real problem with the composition in he first shot. Couldn't decide how much foreground I wanted. Probably should have dropped the washed up tree trunk.
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2005
    #2 looks great to me.

Very challenge worthy!clap.gif
  • AnsonAnson Registered Users Posts: 207 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2005
    both very appealing shots to my eye
    #1 is the most interesting and seems to me to convey dryness the best...however, #2 is also dry (just not as dry as#1), BUT, the deep blue sky in #2 is Awesome!

*(as he goes back for a last look headscratch.gif )

*(he returns!)

Yes!..I have to go with photo # ONE...the dryer of the two photos
    ...if you can tweak photo #1 to get Photo #2's sky...you have got yourself a wiener!

note: please take the above critique with a Big grain of salt, for I am photography greenhorn!

regards,:gone