The little pouter...

heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
edited April 19, 2010 in People
My kids are pretty great, but not always perfect.

The photo shoot was her idea, I swear!

And then she decided to have a total temper tantrum while I was all set up to shoot a quick portrait. In the middle of all the drama she shot me these "angry eyes".... Bad timing on her part, cause now I have this lovely blackmail shot.
Pretty cute, in a pathetic sort of way.

840393698_3L4u4-XL.jpg

Just a little strong willed thing getting a healthy dose of "not getting her own way."

840394414_mwjig-XL.jpg

Anyway... C & C away. :D

Comments

• sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2010
    These are great! And they remind me so much of my little one. You captured a very genuine expression. I like the processing on these very muchly.

Caroline
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2010
    Thanks Caroline! It does remind me of your musician's processing (which I loved, BTW).
  • l.k.madisonl.k.madison Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2010
    I'm LOVING that texture!!

And the model...

and the processing...

Aw, shucks, I just love it all!
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2010
    ....rolleyes1.gif

Isnt it great when you are in total command of the set!

Its a cute shot (#1) and the processing is just right!thumb.gif

Looks like a Totally Rad kid to me!:D

,,,and check this out...
    http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=165264
    edited April 19, 2010
    I'm LOVING that texture!!

And the model...

and the processing...

Aw, shucks, I just love it all!
    Thanks Lauren! Meee too. Though I am keeping my infatuation with this photo a total secret. She can not know that her naughty moment is being enjoyed! mwink.gif
    edited April 19, 2010
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    ....rolleyes1.gif

Isnt it great when you are in total command of the set!

Its a cute shot (#1) and the processing is just right!thumb.gif

Looks like a Totally Rad kid to me!:D

,,,and check this out...
    http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=165264

Ha ha! You called it. She was a Rad Kid having a "Pool pitty Party" that is for sure, lol.

Pretty sweet cameras you got there! How fun! Especially love the digital shot through the other... I can see lots of potential for that frame! Once you get film, are you gonna go back to darkroom processing?
    edited April 19, 2010
    Ha ha! You called it. She was a Rad Kid having a "Pool pitty Party" that is for sure, lol.

Pretty sweet cameras you got there! How fun! Especially love the digital shot through the other... I can see lots of potential for that frame! Once you get film, are you gonna go back to darkroom processing?

No.....no darkroom. I think I might just get the negatives drum scanned at a local shop...and then work them over digitally. ne_nau.gif Shooting in color to keep the possibilities open.

...and I am seriously considering plunking down some real money for a REAL twin lens reflex medium format camera. I hope this feeling passes soon!!!mwink.gif

Try the "super old school BW" Hi Quality" on it and ease off on the grain and blur.....then punch up the mid tones after flattening.
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2010
    Love these shots. I've never come close on getting good 'sad shots' -- these are inspiring.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
    edited April 19, 2010
    jeffreaux2 wrote:

Try the "super old school BW" Hi Quality" on it and ease off on the grain and blur.....then punch up the mid tones after flattening.

I'll have to try that. I have been doing my B&W conversions in LR, and then maaaybe touching up things in PS, but you never know when I might feel the need to get creative.

Guess what I just noticed: You and I joined Dgrin on the same month.... but you have 2xs as many posts as me.... what do they always say about ladies talking more than men???? mwink.gif
    edited April 19, 2010
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Love these shots. I've never come close on getting good 'sad shots' -- these are inspiring.
    Thanks Andrew....
    Well, the secret is to keep your camera handy. I wouldn't have gotten these if she hadn't timed it just right... I had brolly's set up and everything. rolleyes1.gif
  • l.k.madisonl.k.madison Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2010
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    No.....no darkroom. I think I might just get the negatives drum scanned at a local shop...and then work them over digitally. ne_nau.gif Shooting in color to keep the possibilities open.

I sent you a PM regarding how to save you some SERIOUS money on developing/scanning. Brad shoots his half of sessions in film, we know the secrets.
  • kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2010
    These are wonderful! I love the emotion here. It is definately just a matter of luck to capture moments like these. They are definately "true" times to cherish..just as much as the happy ones. I have one of my 3 y/o that I adore with a single tear down her cheek. Funny how they change their minds on a dime!!! I get all set up and then by the time I'm ready and organized they are out of the mood. You got a few keepers! Thanks for sharing. clap.gif Just adorable!
    edited April 19, 2010
    Thanks Kelly! Real life is worth documenting, eh? I bet her kids get a kick out of this one down the road.
    edited April 19, 2010
    I'll have to try that. I have been doing my B&W conversions in LR, and then maaaybe touching up things in PS, but you never know when I might feel the need to get creative.

Guess what I just noticed: You and I joined Dgrin on the same month.... but you have 2xs as many posts as me.... what do they always say about ladies talking more than men???? mwink.gif

Im still feeling my way through TRA....

"Awesome BW"
    "Bitchin BW"
    "Super Old School HQ"

These seem to be pretty friendly with portraits.

Sometimes looks better with the "add contrast" or playing with "lights on"/"lights off" and masks.

Your version looks great.....aaah....but it looks like a fun photograph to experiment with.thumb.gif
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2010
    Oh noooo :cry Haha ... but I got to say, these are the best photos of a crying girl I've ever seen! iloveyou.gif
  • MacushlaMacushla Registered Users Posts: 347 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2010
    I LOVE these, your daughter is gorgeous even when she's pouting. They are so much more interesting than typical smiling kid photos. I love the processing, the lighting, the location and everything else. bowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif
    edited April 19, 2010
    jeffreaux2 wrote:

Your version looks great.....aaah....but it looks like a fun photograph to experiment with.thumb.gif

Hey, knock yourself out! Have fun with it.:D
    edited April 19, 2010
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Oh noooo :cry Haha ... but I got to say, these are the best photos of a crying girl I've ever seen! iloveyou.gif

Ha ha! Well, thats a prestigious distinction! Thanks!
    edited April 19, 2010
    Macushla wrote:
    I LOVE these, your daughter is gorgeous even when she's pouting. They are so much more interesting than typical smiling kid photos. I love the processing, the lighting, the location and everything else. bowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif

Aw, thanks! I am rather fond of the whole thing myself... though don't tell her that. We don't want duplicate behavior.
    edited April 19, 2010
    Did you have to PS puffy eyes and redness out (or did that drive your processing here)? I'm getting ready flush her ipod down the toilet so I need to know.... :D
    - Andrew

My SmugMug Site
    edited April 19, 2010
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Did you have to PS puffy eyes and redness out (or did that drive your processing here)? I'm getting ready flush her ipod down the toilet so I need to know.... :D

Hahahaha! rolleyes1.gif Good luck with that one, and get your camera out.

No, it is pretty much SOOC, but she hadn't been carrying on for very long. She loves to attempt to use her powers of persuasion on me, but I am unmoved. Mean mom that I am, I always win these little battles so they don't get worse. It sort of works. Parenting is a process of trial and error, right?
    edited April 19, 2010
    Hahahaha! rolleyes1.gif Good luck with that one, and get your camera out.

No, it is pretty much SOOC, but she hadn't been carrying on for very long. She loves to attempt to use her powers of persuasion on me, but I am unmoved. Mean mom that I am, I always win these little battles so they don't get worse. It sort of works. Parenting is a process of trial and error, right?
    Certainly is....we were also the mean parents who didn't consider tantrums as a valid form of self-expression. At this point, I'm thinking it worked out pretty well for our kid, but.... trial and error, and each kid is unique (which keeps it fun).
    - Andrew

My SmugMug Site
    edited April 19, 2010
    adbsgicom wrote:
    trial and error, and each kid is unique (which keeps it fun).

That is what we are figuring out, for sure... our first two are as compliant as can be... they don't make waves... or disobey... and then we have a firecracker for our youngest. She is strong willed enough to take over the world, so our goal is to herd her in an approximation of the right direction and yell "charge!" It sure is tricky to find the right balance for each kid. And I am not bored, in the slightest.