Options

Issue with Events...

Lou GonzalezLou Gonzalez Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
edited June 9, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I recently set up my 1st event. It contains one gallery. The client chose their favorites and all is good. But when visitors go to the gallery, they see the favorites flagged, and can change them! Why is this happening?

Here is the event I set up: http://photos.lifesharephoto.com/share/T8ANQzRDfRMyI
The favorites photos are visible to me as they should.

Here is the share link for friends: http://photos.lifesharephoto.com/share/kFOh1epORlnEA
This link works fine and doesn't show the favorites.

However when you go directly to the gallery in my site, http://lifesharephoto.smugmug.com/Weddings2010/Burgess the gallery shows the favorites. And anybody can change them. Not good!

Why is this happening? When a customer goes into a gallery, I thought the galleries should show as they always have. I thought the only way to see the favorites buttons was by viewing the event via the event link we give them.

Am I misunderstanding something???

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2010
    Hi Lou,

I think I know what happened here. Did you visit the participant's share link allowing your customer to add their favorites and then went to the gallery using the regular gallery link as visitors would do? Going to the participants share link will set a cookie in the browser and from then on for a certain time the browser will remember that the participant used their link so the gallery will show the 'add / remove favorites' tools.

Regular visitors don't have that cookie as they should not have the participant's share group link, right? Thus they won't be able to edit favorites.

Just clear your browser's cookies and check the gallery again as a visitor would and all should be fine.

I hope this helps,
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited April 19, 2010
    Hi Lou,

I think I know what happened here. Did you visit the participant's share link allowing your customer to add their favorites and then went to the gallery using the regular gallery link as visitors would do? Going to the participants share link will set a cookie in the browser and from then on for a certain time the browser will remember that the participant used their link so the gallery will show the 'add / remove favorites' tools.

Regular visitors don't have that cookie as they should not have the participant's share group link, right? Thus they won't be able to edit favorites.

Just clear your browser's cookies and check the gallery again as a visitor would and all should be fine.

I hope this helps,
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero

That did it! Whew. I got really nervous there for a minute.

Thanks so much!
  • Options
    edited June 9, 2010
    That did it! Whew. I got really nervous there for a minute.

Thanks so much!

This is strange. It's happening again. This time in Fire Fox I cleared my cookies thinking that would do the trick but I still can't see the Favorites functionality.

Now what???
  • Options
    edited June 9, 2010
    This is strange. It's happening again. This time in Fire Fox I cleared my cookies thinking that would do the trick but I still can't see the Favorites functionality.

Now what???

Oh geez. Nevermind. It looks like I gave them the guest link. Sorry about that.