Options

Best skin smoothing add on?

TheCheeseheadTheCheesehead Registered Users Posts: 249 Major grins
edited April 20, 2010 in Finishing School
Hi,
I currently have a skin smoothing add on by Imagenomic and one by Coffeeshop, and they both look kind of fake. They are for PSE7. What is the best add-on out there for PSE...or am I just going to have to upgrade to Lightroom to really get decent results? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Kevin CTMPKevin CTMP Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited April 19, 2010
    Hi,
    I currently have a skin smoothing add on by Imagenomic and one by Coffeeshop, and they both look kind of fake. They are for PSE7. What is the best add-on out there for PSE...or am I just going to have to upgrade to Lightroom to really get decent results? Thanks!

I use portraiture by imagineomic....if you tweak it just right, it doesn't look fake to me, you just have to make sure you dont have too much feathering or it will look fuzzy. So i use it as low as possible, it really smooths the skin, and preserves the details (skin pores, lines, etc.) any thing bigger i'll use heal brush or possible clone stamping. As for lightroom, I swear by it, but it doesn't really have any nice skin smoothing features that come standard, thats why i upgraded to portraiture :).....I'm also using CS3, but I don't think that would make a difference in this case.
  • Options
    BinaryFxBinaryFx Registered Users Posts: 707 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2010
    There are some good plug-ins that can do what Photoshop either can't or would take too long or too much effort - however I feel that they are few and far between. With the cost of Photoshop being what it is, I don't look for add ons very often.

I personally find Photoshop to be all that is needed. I would imagine that PSE would offer the same tools for this task.

I would like to see a high-resolution crop of some before/after skin, so that I could compare one method against another...

Stephen Marsh

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~binaryfx/
    http://prepression.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2010
    I use TopazLabs Detail to deal with skin in what I feel is a realistic manner. A little bit of my technique is shown in this thread.
  • Options
    photorelivephotorelive Banned Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited April 20, 2010
    Imagenomic portirature works really great