Oriental dancers

annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
edited August 16, 2005 in People
I went to an oriental dance performance yesterday, and while enjoying the show, I managed to take a few photos:

Bayani-05.jpg

Bayani-01.jpg

Bayani-07.jpg

Bayani-13.jpg

The rest can be found here.

All photos taken with Canon A80. Hope you like them! :):

Ana
Ana
SmugMug Support Hero Manager
My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com

Comments

• Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2005
    Very nice - the last two in particular. I love the moving scarf in the last image, and the stage lighting color of the second.

ann
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2005
    Ann McRae wrote:
    Very nice - the last two in particular. I love the moving scarf in the last image, and the stage lighting color of the second.
    ann
    Ana, 15524779-Ti.gif completely with Ann's comments. I was scratching my
    head trying to figure out the last one.rolleyes1.gif

All very nice,
    AL
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • JamesJWegJamesJWeg Registered Users Posts: 795 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2005
    That last one is a money shot, I really like it.

James.
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2005
  • MerleMerle Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited August 14, 2005
    They look more Middle East than Oriental ne_nau.gif
    Thanks for all Responses and comments. They are truly appreciated.

Merle Jones
    Fresno, CA
    http://www.merlejones.net
    Nikon D70, Sony 717, Sony P-200
  • thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2005
    I totally agree! The last two are great. The moving scarf one has such feel to it. And the close up of the dancer is really great. While the stage lights add a nice feel, have you tried color correcting it just to see that effect. Really nice job for a couple of pictures while just enjoying the show.
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com
  • KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2005
    Very nice. That last one is mesmerizing.thumb.gif
  • JasonBoJasonBo Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited August 16, 2005
    Orientals prefer Asian rolleyes1.gif
  • annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 16, 2005
    Ann, Allen, James, Dee, thank you for your kind words.

Ana
    Ana
  • annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 16, 2005
    Ashley, Khaos, thanks!

Ana
    Ana
    edited August 16, 2005
    JasonBo wrote:
    Orientals prefer Asian rolleyes1.gif
    Jason, here in Europe the term Oriental has no negative meaning at all. In fact, this is the first time I hear it has a negative connotation anywhere in the world.
    Obviously, one learns new things every day. But a good teacher teaches without rolling their eyes, which is, as far as I know, considered rude anywhere in the world.

Ana
    Ana
    edited August 16, 2005
    Merle wrote:
    They look more Middle East than Oriental ne_nau.gif
    Merle,

Oriental refers to the East, and here in Europe the Middle East, too, is considered oriental. In addition, the official name of the group is the Oriental Dance Group Bayani - I can't go around changing it, can I? mwink.gif

Ana
    Ana
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited August 16, 2005
    Ana,

I liked them all, but I agree with the majority the last 2 are extremely nice thumb.gifthumb.gif I too sat an looked at the last shot trying to figure out whether you shot it from behind something until I saw that it was a silvery scarf....Laughing.gif

Please don't worry about offending anyone here. Some of us, especially here in the States, live daily with having to be "Politically Correct" :uhoh Seems like too many people, nowadays, can become offended by words that were never thought to be offensive before ne_nau.gif This makes it even harder for non-native English speakers/writers to communicate. We should be apologizing to you....lol

Super shots and thanks for sharing them with us :D

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
    edited August 16, 2005
    Steve,

thank you very much! I have participated in a quite a few international fora before, but I tend to steer clear from the ones with members who are "too politically correct". Being positive and uncomplicated is so much better, in every respect, even in talking with strangers on the internet. And this site is all about sharing photos, not debating over the meaning of words, isn't it? :D

As for the photos of the dancers, I think the last one will be sold soon! Yippie! clap.gif

Ana
    Ana
  • schik13schik13 Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited August 16, 2005
    Creative...
    The last shot has an amazing look to it, that is a skill shot. I am not too keen on the look of the 3rd shot but that is a personal preference, it is a very talented shot and something you should be proud of. These are great shots.
    Schik 13
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited August 16, 2005
    In the words of Emeril Lagasse... BAM!!!

clap.gif
    annnna8888 wrote:
    Bayani-13.jpg