Options

Secondshotted

marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
edited April 27, 2010 in Weddings
That's not a real word, but I did it lol.
So here's some of my favorites from my latest second shooting adventures:
http://krisfulk.blogspot.com/2010/04/touch-of-pink-some-favorites.html

I'm sorry if you wanted to see the images here, but I'm only really allowed to blog about them.

Comments

• Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2010
    You are just getting better and better - these are wonderful!! clap.gifclapclap.gifclap
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2010
    marikris wrote:
    That's not a real word, but I did it lol.
    So here's some of my favorites from my latest second shooting adventures:
    http://krisfulk.blogspot.com/2010/04/touch-of-pink-some-favorites.html

I'm sorry if you wanted to see the images here, but I'm only really allowed to blog about them.

Kris some good stuff there! Looking a tthe pictures, I feel like I just ate a nice cream puff! Light, airy and sweet!
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2010
    i really like these! I like the processing too! TRA?
  • Options
    edited April 21, 2010
    Diva, Qarik > Thank you guys!

Dooginfif20 > Yes, TRA! I was trying to downplay it a little (coz it's so easy to go overboard), but I love the set(s) so much! However, it helped a lot that the room we were in was toned a peachy pink to begin with, and the light was filtering in from the glass window :)
  • Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2010
  • Options
    danpakdanpak Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited April 21, 2010
    TRA - Processing??
    Kris,

Lovely images. I love the processing. What is TRA? Would you share or point to the resource as to how this is done? If this is a "trade secret", I understand.

Thanks!
    Dan

• Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2010
    I like them a lot.
    Nice bright and sharp.
    Compositions are well done.
    Nice work!
  • Options
    Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2010
    TRA = Totally Rad Actions - They're awesome when used correctly. I suck so my images always look over-processed when I try to use them (even when lowering the opacity of the effects), but I guess it just comes with practice.

Loved them all! Great job!
    Jer
  • Options
    edited April 26, 2010
    Thank you, everyone! Yep, Totally Rad Actions take some getting used to. It's nice you can see other people's "recipes" on their site so you can get a lot of practice just by following them.

On another note, I'm currently in NYC because I was a cord sponsor for my cousin's wedding this weekend. It was kind of weird being able to sit back and see how the other photographers work, but cool too because I got to see it (and they did an awesome job too). I brought my G11 to play with it on manual with a speedlite on top, but I found that some of my family thought it was my dslr and wanted me to take some photos, so I got pretty nervous and just put it away and spent some time at the bar and dance floor during the reception. Not that I didn't want to take photos, btw. It was amazing how many of the guests had dslrs and were really vigilant about getting shots, which made doing the formals for the pros one hot mess.
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2010
    Definitely an interesting shoe placement here! :)

I'd definitely put the camera away and have fun at the bar and dance if I was a guest, too!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com