Options

Imitating Andy...

lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
edited June 14, 2004 in Wildlife
what do you think of these two shots please..

Comments

• Options
    edited June 13, 2004
    this is the black and white..
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    what do you think of these two shots please..

hey now, really nice work, lynn...

can you soften the blur at the tree leaves? it's a nit - but that's the only part that seems off to me - the rest looks nice n foggy / misty ;-)
  • Options
    ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2004
    I feel that the horse and colt are a little to sharp and might benifit from some softening and maybe opacity.

Otherwise it is a very nice scene.
  • Options
    edited June 13, 2004
    Thanks Andy and Shakey... both so right I see.. is this better or worse...
  • Options
    edited June 13, 2004
    black and white redone
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    Thanks Andy and Shakey... both so right I see.. is this better or worse...
    Very nice! I like the color rendition best. I thought we discussed this wannabe designation? New people will take one look at your photos, the wannabe, run screeming from the room and sell their brand new camera equipment discouraged forever.
  • Options
    edited June 13, 2004
    Sam wrote:
    Very nice! I like the color rendition best. I thought we discussed this wannabe designation? New people will take one look at your photos, the wannabe, run screeming from the room and sell their brand new camera equipment discouraged forever.
    Sam you are so sweet..so what do I call my self.. I'm certainly not "photographer" maybe I should call my self "Andy Wannabe":D
    By the way.. can you tell that the horse and colt were not originally in the picture...this was the horse picture I used..I was trying to imitate Andy's lovely horse picture.
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2004
    You got it in that B & W lynn ...nailed it.
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    can you tell that the horse and colt were not originally in the picture...this was the horse picture I used..I was trying to imitate Andy's lovely horse picture.
    They look pretty natural to me, nice job.
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    Sam you are so sweet..so what do I call my self.. I'm certainly not "photographer" maybe I should call my self "Andy Wannabe":D
    By the way.. can you tell that the horse and colt were not originally in the picture...this was the horse picture I used..I was trying to imitate Andy's lovely horse picture.
    I assumed the horse and colt were not in the original photo from the thread title. Looks like a supurb job to me. Now as to being an Andy wannabee......I hear the doctors charge a lot for that kind of thing. :D How about...Lynnma, brown belt of Photography? It takes years to earn a black belt, and no fair coloring it in Photoshop.