Pool Cam Candid

windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
edited August 15, 2005 in People
i cant shlep my 20D with lenses everytime i wanna go to the pool and take a candid... what to do???? :scratch

ah ha! Go under cover, GO STEALTH! Decided to go back to where i first began - Sony DSC-F828. It doesnt replace my Canon but its sure fun to use again....

32172866-L.jpg

Comments

• burkeburke Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2005
    great vibrant color!! and I love the detail of the water droplets
    nice DOF too

the only thing I might change is that splash of bright white in the bottom left corner ...

great work (even if it's not your 20D:D!)
    ~Autumn
  • windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2005
    thanx I wish i knew how to best get rid of the white corner...... headscratch.gifscratch

thanx for looking!!

troy
    burke wrote:
    great vibrant color!! and I love the detail of the water droplets
    nice DOF too

the only thing I might change is that splash of bright white in the bottom left corner ...

great work (even if it's not your 20D:D!)
    ~Autumn
    edited August 14, 2005
    windoze wrote:
    thanx I wish i knew how to best get rid of the white corner...... headscratch.gifscratch

thanx for looking!!

troy
    Troy,
    what about selecting it (use the magic wand) and then cloning in some of the background from above?
    i'll paste in an example - it's not great, but it could be a start?..:):
    ~A
    edited August 14, 2005
    that is so GOOD! i never seem able to do what you did.... its like i need step by step directions once and then im ok....
    i appreciate your efforts and help!!!!!

troy

burke wrote:
    Troy,
    what about selecting it (use the magic wand) and then cloning in some of the background from above?
    ~A
  • XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2005
    burke wrote:
    Troy,
    ~A
    pssssst, look between her ear and the floaty eek7.gifmwink.gif
    nice job otherwise.

XO,
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com
    edited August 14, 2005
    XO-Studios wrote:
    pssssst, look between her ear and the floaty eek7.gifmwink.gif
    nice job otherwise.

XO,
    oops - didn't even see that!
    my bad11doh.gif
    here you go:
    ~A
    edited August 14, 2005
    now im really in trouble!!! my wife now wants me to do it and print it out - so ,.... i have photoshop cs, i know i can use the wand and i know how to make a clone... what else do i need to know?? HELP!!!

troy
    ]
    burke wrote:
    oops - didn't even see that!
    my bad11doh.gif
    here you go:
    ~A
    edited August 14, 2005
    windoze wrote:
    now im really in trouble!!! my wife now wants me to do it and print it out - so ,.... i have photoshop cs, i know i can use the wand and i know how to make a clone... what else do i need to know?? HELP!!!

troy
    ]
    Troy
    no panic
    I'll talk you through it

First: select the area you want to replace using the wand - it helps if you magify it super close so you can be real precise.
    Once the area is selected, click on your clone icon and sample an area from the pool.
    Then move your clone stamp over to your selected section, and clone in there. (you want to use a selection as opposed to freehand because it forces you to stay within the boundaries)

I hope this is clear - I've never had to explain it in writing before! Let me know if I need to clarify anythingeek7.gif

Good luck ~ I look forward to seeing your results!!:):
    ~Autumn
    edited August 14, 2005
    burke wrote:
    Troy
    no panic
    I'll talk you through it

First: select the area you want to replace using the wand - it helps if you magify it super close so you can be real precise.
    Once the area is selected, click on your clone icon and sample an area from the pool.
    Then move your clone stamp over to your selected section, and clone in there. (you want to use a selection as opposed to freehand because it forces you to stay within the boundaries)

I hope this is clear - I've never had to explain it in writing before! Let me know if I need to clarify anythingeek7.gif

~Autumn
    Here is a cheat sheet

copy layer (CTRL-J)
    for good measure copy layer again (CTRL-J)
    Move the layer below the top one, so there is water behind the white area's (change opacity of top layer temporary to allow you to see where what is)
    make top layer active
    create a layer mask
    in the layer mask either paint with a brush and black, or use magnetic lasso and fill the area's where you want to reveal the water underneath. In the mask you can always, correct with white, or fine tune by painting black.

XO,

ps. if all fails, just email me the original file, and I will do it for you.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com
    edited August 14, 2005
    fantastic "EASY TO UNDERSTAND" directions....... Thank You!!
    I need to go slow and not to rush... how do you make cloned selections adjacent to each other "mesh" and not look like two separate sections?? When i try it there looks like a "border" between them... is it just practice??

troy

burke wrote:
    Troy
    no panic
    I'll talk you through it

~Autumn
    edited August 14, 2005
    windoze wrote:
    fantastic "EASY TO UNDERSTAND" directions....... Thank You!!
    I need to go slow and not to rush... how do you make cloned selections adjacent to each other "mesh" and not look like two separate sections?? When i try it there looks like a "border" between them... is it just practice??

troy
    IN PS , clone will give you the option to align (checkmark in the option bar). Align will move the source spot along with were you move the target. Align unchecked will each time start at the original spot (with each mouseclick)

XO,
    Mark Twain

edited August 14, 2005
    here is what i did " all by myself " with your help!
    32207820-L.jpg

burke wrote:
    Troy
    no panic
    I'll talk you through it

~Autumn
    edited August 15, 2005
    i want to give you a BIG THANX!!!!! you got me now really thinking and trying something new!!! Masks and Layers are "scary" matters to me, but im willing to learn....

email sent,

troy
    XO-Studios wrote:
    IN PS , clone will give you the option to align (checkmark in the option bar). Align will move the source spot along with were you move the target. Align unchecked will each time start at the original spot (with each mouseclick)

XO,
    edited August 15, 2005
    windoze wrote:
    here is what i did " all by myself " with your help!
    thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumb
    Look at you!!
    You're a superstar!
    Great work - keep it up and pretty soon you'll be masking and layering to your heart's content! :):
    clap.gif~Autumn
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2005
    Layers and Masks
    Once you get the hang of them, you'll wonder how you ever survived!

That is an adorable photo, and an excellent cloning job! Of course your wife wants a print of it!!!!!

Dee
    edited August 15, 2005
    thanx dee, im quite satisfied with the outcome, and my wife says Yahoo!

lol, troy
    Dee wrote:
    Once you get the hang of them, you'll wonder how you ever survived!

That is an adorable photo, and an excellent cloning job! Of course your wife wants a print of it!!!!!

Dee
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited August 15, 2005
    excellent capture of a beautiful little girl. thumb.gif

I'm thinking KPOTD!!!
    edited August 15, 2005
    Im thinking you very kind to say that , but i wouldnt think this would win that.....

troy

Angelo wrote:
    excellent capture of a beautiful little girl. thumb.gif

I'm thinking KPOTD!!!
    edited August 15, 2005
    Angelo wrote:

I'm thinking KPOTD!!!
    excuse my ignorance.. I'm new here - what's KPOTD??ne_nau.gif
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2005
    burke wrote:
    Kodak Picture Of The Day
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
    edited August 15, 2005
    images can be submitted to kodak to be displayed on their huge kodaktron in times square... BTW, i recently won that honor..... mwink.gif

31812797-M.jpg

burke wrote:
    edited August 15, 2005
    windoze wrote:
    images can be submitted to kodak to be displayed on their huge kodaktron in times square... BTW, i recently won that honor..... mwink.gif
    oh yeah - I saw that thread - congrats!!clap.gif that's very cool!!!