Any chance of website feedback.....Please :o)

ki_userki_user Registered Users Posts: 122 Major grins
edited April 25, 2010 in Mind Your Own Business
Be as brutal as you need to be. I can take it...... I think. I made it myself, I use namo web editor, I know it's not as good as dreamweaver but I can find my way around it.

www.digicasephotography.co.uk

Comments

• frigidlightfrigidlight Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited April 21, 2010
    The design is a little bit dated, but that's based solely upon appearance. The front page loads a little slow, maybe compress the images a bit more? Otherwise, it's clearly laid out, easy to navigate, displays the information simply and without too much clutter. There are plenty of easy online gallery creators that will help you break away from photobucket, though. Jalbum is nice for custom galleries, and flickr and picasa web albums look a little more professional than photobucket. nice work!
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,339 moderator
    edited April 22, 2010
    Your gallery presentation (Portfolio) does not make it easy for the viewer to wander through your photos. It took me a while to realize that I could click on a thumb to see a larger copy of the photo - because that larger copy (in the landscapes gallery) isn't visible without scrolling.

I find the opening of some galleries in a totally changed window (Latest) to be quite jarring.

Your references require a wide monitor to view without scrolling. They are readable on my 22 inch monitor but extremely annoying on a laptop.

--- Denise
  • WachelWachel Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2010
    Ok...take a look at my site first. This will show you what I like...very very simple and elegant.

With that said. I think your site is very "bright" with all the color. Also, like it or not, using flash is pretty much the norm for photography web sites these days.

Your site works and does get your photos out there for people to see but like the other poster mentioned, it seems a little dated. Not very web 2.0 (I hate that term but it fits).

Again, if you look at my site you can see that my style is SIMPLE so take my comments with a grain of salt.
    Michael

<Insert some profound quote here to try and seem like a deep thinker>

Michael Wachel Photography

Facebook
  • gramps50gramps50 Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited April 23, 2010
    To start your site is to wide, I had to scroll sideways and back to read it. Your site has a simple layout and it easy to navigate, maybe a little more eye candy without getting to flashy. Over all I think your off to a good start.
    edited April 23, 2010
    Wachel
    Thank you for your participation in OpLove great gift to our soldiers.
  • WachelWachel Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2010
    gramps50 wrote:
    Wachel
    Thank you for your participation in OpLove great gift to our soldiers.

It's the least I can do. Especially considering that I am in the military myself. Luckily, I am in a position that I will not have deploy. So...I serve those that do have to deploy.
    Michael

<Insert some profound quote here to try and seem like a deep thinker>

Michael Wachel Photography

Facebook
  • chrisjohnsonchrisjohnson Registered Users Posts: 772 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2010
    Your site seems to be working fast - maybe you already changed it?

Most people visiting your site will not go further than the first page so you should give that maximum impact and draw people further in. I would focus on three main services - eg, portrait, wedding, editing OR Events, Journals, and whatever. Put up your three best shots in a decent resolution and brightness. For the editing you can make a Flash animation - although Flash is going out of fashion. Make sure it looks good on the worst monitor you can find.

I liked the editing service. You should use more copy to explain what you are doing.

Good luck. Having a website is fun. You should try to make the first page give a brief and relevant summary - for googlers. If I find you by chance on the web I'll be looking for photographer in South Wales, or Bridgend weddings, or whatever fits your market.
  • Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,467 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2010
    Yes, very dated looking. There's a lot of people still using 1024 x 768 monitors. I had to scroll horizontally...very annoying.
    edited April 25, 2010
    Wachel wrote:
    It's the least I can do. Especially considering that I am in the military myself. Luckily, I am in a position that I will not have deploy. So...I serve those that do have to deploy.

Well then, Thank you for your service