Left Behind

Ifocus4uIfocus4u Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins
edited April 22, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
4541824740_2fc928dfd9_o.jpg

Comments

• wendellwendell Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2010
    This is a really neat shot, I really like it. This looks like the perfect subject for the hdr process, allowing you to manage your highlights and shadows, and you framed the shot very well. Personally I would like to see a little more contrast to allow the wood to show off a little more grain and to darken the shadow areas just a touch. I enjoy the hdr look but I always find myself after tone mapping, taking the image back into LR or PS for a curve adjustment, I just can't give up my shadows. Anyway, great vision and image thumb.gif
  • Ifocus4uIfocus4u Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins
    edited April 22, 2010
    wendell wrote:
    This is a really neat shot, I really like it. This looks like the perfect subject for the hdr process, allowing you to manage your highlights and shadows, and you framed the shot very well. Personally I would like to see a little more contrast to allow the wood to show off a little more grain and to darken the shadow areas just a touch. I enjoy the hdr look but I always find myself after tone mapping, taking the image back into LR or PS for a curve adjustment, I just can't give up my shadows. Anyway, great vision and image thumb.gif

Thanks for your flattering comment Wendell. I find HDR can easily flatten an image and if there is some bright sun on anything it can blow out or really reduce the textures...as you noted above on the window grain. I always have to do adjustments in PShop. You certainly understand the workings of HDR...and its a pleasure to receive a comment from someone who "knows". :D