Idiot can't RAW to Batch

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited August 17, 2005 in Finishing School
dowload. I think I need an action, have been reading books. No idea how to do an action to just download every shot I took this weekend at a family event, all are in RAW now, just wanted to download as is, work on them later, or as we want specifics.

Is this possible. I did do a search. I am totally confused, but I know that people who shoot teams and all, they must just download. I have explorer. And 4 gbs of RAW files, need to download to smugmug, what do I do.

I did do a search, and read books, etc,

ginger
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    dowload. I think I need an action, have been reading books. No idea how to do an action to just download every shot I took this weekend at a family event, all are in RAW now, just wanted to download as is, work on them later, or as we want specifics.

Is this possible. I did do a search. I am totally confused, but I know that people who shoot teams and all, they must just download. I have explorer. And 4 gbs of RAW files, need to download to smugmug, what do I do.

ginger
    Ginger,

Do you use Photoshop for your RAW conversion?

XO,
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com
  • XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2005
    XO-Studios wrote:
    Ginger,

Do you use Photoshop for your RAW conversion?

XO,
    And a quick Google

http://www.digitalmediadesigner.com/articles/viewarticle.jsp?id=27784

That should get you started.

PM me if you need additional help.

XO,
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2005
    XO-Studios wrote:
    And a quick Google

http://www.digitalmediadesigner.com/articles/viewarticle.jsp?id=27784

That should get you started.

PM me if you need additional help.

XO,
    Thanks, XO. This should be good to know.

I am going to close shop here. I would like to post something, but I can't find anything to post............and am tired.

I will get that batch stuff looked at more tomorrow.

Thanks so much,

ginger
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:

ginger

ginger, what exactly are you asking, becuase i'm confused. download from where - your camera to your computer?

download to smugmug? you mean upload to smugmug, yes? i guess i'm wondering why you'd upload to smugmug only to "work on them later?"

elaborate ... ear.gif
    edited August 15, 2005
    i'm moving this to photoshop forum, it doesn't belong in smugmug support.
    edited August 15, 2005
    andy wrote:
    ginger, what exactly are you asking, becuase i'm confused. download from where - your camera to your computer?

download to smugmug? you mean upload to smugmug, yes? i guess i'm wondering why you'd upload to smugmug only to "work on them later?"

elaborate ... ear.gif

Because that way everyone could see all the shots and let me know which ones they would like. I don't want to work up 400 shots. Yet, I don't mind sharing 400 shots.

If I had shot in RAW/jpg, there probably would not be a problem. There may not be one now. That is what I am trying to find out. Right now they are on my hard drive in RAW.

I would like them to stay there as they are. In addition, I would like to get them on smugmug for family viewing. (The same as people do of individuals in team sports, individual sports, race karts, etc. Or as I assume they do.)

When I upload them to my hard drive, the CF cards are stripped, so they are no longer on them, also I use sandisk to upload to the computer, directly to my hard drive.

Any more questions, please ask. Thank you for moving it. I never know where things like that go.

ginger (there is no emergency here, I just thought some of the other people, other than one of my daughters and me, might like to see all of them. My one daughter who did see all of them, she liked some shots I had not even thought of.)
    edited August 15, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Because that way everyone could see all the shots and let me know which ones they would like. I don't want to work up 400 shots. Yet, I don't mind sharing 400 shots.

If I had shot in RAW/jpg, there probably would not be a problem. There may not be one now. That is what I am trying to find out. Right now they are on my hard drive in RAW.

I would like them to stay there as they are. In addition, I would like to get them on smugmug for family viewing. (The same as people do of individuals in team sports, individual sports, race karts, etc. Or as I assume they do.)

When I upload them to my hard drive, the CF cards are stripped, so they are no longer on them, also I use sandisk to upload to the computer, directly to my hard drive.

Any more questions, please ask. Thank you for moving it. I never know where things like that go.

ginger (there is no emergency here, I just thought some of the other people, other than one of my daughters and me, might like to see all of them. My one daughter who did see all of them, she liked some shots I had not even thought of.)

the easiest way would have been to shoot raw+jpg - but you know that already :D

you can do a batch conversion - some info here and you can read your cs manual. then upload to a smugmug gallery ... good luck!
  • dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2005
    Easiest way to do a batch conversion if you aren't editing or changing anything at all is with canons digital photos professional. Just highlight the photos in the folder you want to convert and go to file>batch process. That will convert them all to whatever you want.
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
    edited August 17, 2005
    Easiest way to do a batch conversion if you aren't editing or changing anything at all is with canons digital photos professional. Just highlight the photos in the folder you want to convert and go to file>batch process. That will convert them all to whatever you want.
    Thanks, Dragon,

g