Options

Smugmug sites and IE8 Developer toolbar

NormsIMNormsIM Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited April 22, 2010 in Bug Reporting
Win7 Ultimate... IE8... All latest updates....
Web sites hosted at smugmug.com (e.g. SashPhotography.com)
When I go to a web page and start ie8 developer tools (F12), then go to the CSS tab it never displays the CSS information. It just hangs on "Loading...." Nor is the developer toolbar able to display any style information when selecting any element. When I try to view CSS from various other sites not hosted by smugmug.com I'm able to pull all the style and CSS information. This only happens when viewing Smugmug sites.

These are some of the actions I've taken:
  • Disabled IE8 from Windows features and re-enabled.
  • Tried both 64bit and 32bit IE8
  • Reset IE8
  • Tried IE8 without addons
  • Disabled firewall and anti-virus
  • Performed and tested with clean boot
However, Firefox developer tools are able to read the CSS and style information just fine.

Additionally I imported a SmugMug page into MS Expression Web and it loaded the page and linked CSS sheets just fine.

Seems to me there is something with Smugmug/IE8 developer tool is not able to handle while all the other tools I've tried are able to handle it. But someone with the proper resources whould have to trace loading a SmugMug page and see what it is that IE8 developer tool can not handle.

An MSDN response noted that there are a lot of CSS errors and redirect when the sites are submitted through http://validator.w3.org, but I'm not sure what might be in there that is causing IE8 developer toolbar to not be able to display any style / css info.

Any suggestions on how to get the CSS view?

Comments