No Title

bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
edited April 24, 2010 in Street and Documentary
Someone mentioned on my "Ice Cream" post that I was trying to mix Graphic Design and Street
unsuccessfully. Although that did not cross my mind in that image, it did in this one.

837392922_wrPos-XL.jpg

Comments

• rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2010
    This is in the spirit of Richard's style of shooting of finding a interesting place and waiting for the right person to complete the shot (my description, not his...). I try to keep an eye out for this, but do not often see it well as I rarely take shots like this one.

I like the PP on this and the woman looks interesting. Otherwise, I am not sure that the visual elements come together quite so well. Perhaps it is a little too busy with the light and buildings competing for attention.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited April 23, 2010
    rolleyes1.gifrofl Yeah, this is my kind of shot all right, and I dig it. thumb.gif I'm ambivalent about the traffic light at the top. While it adds another line pointing to the person, it also makes the shot busier than it needs to be. My impulse would be to get rid of it, but I can also see leaving well enough alone. ne_nau.gif
  • sabeshsabesh Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2010
    I like this shot. I like the fact it's busy: it works well for this scenario. However, I'd like to see the shadows on the woman opened up just a little bit. Cheers.
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2010
    rainbow wrote:
    This is in the spirit of Richard's style of shooting of finding a interesting place and waiting for the right person to complete the shot (my description, not his...). I try to keep an eye out for this, but do not often see it well as I rarely take shots like this one.

I like the PP on this and the woman looks interesting. Otherwise, I am not sure that the visual elements come together quite so well. Perhaps it is a little to busy with the light and buildings competing for attention.

Excellent news, I did have Richard's posts in mind when setting up for this one.
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2010
    Richard wrote:
    rolleyes1.gifrofl Yeah, this is my kind of shot all right, and I dig it. thumb.gif I'm ambivalent about the traffic light at the top. While it adds another line pointing to the person, it also makes the shot busier than it needs to be. My impulse would be to get rid of it, but I can also see leaving well enough alone. ne_nau.gif

Yeah I played a bit, but then like you said left it be :D
  • Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2010
    There are a lot of great elements in this shot, and I really like the flow of the dark grey rails into the light grey and white rails, and then to the subject. Very neat indeed.