Piper Super Cub

bike21bike21 Registered Users Posts: 836 Major grins
edited April 23, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Took my first glider flight the other day and had an amazing time! With over 5,000 hours of flight time so far, it was my first time in an airplane sans engine (intentionally at least!). The solitude and freedom of it were amazing. I regrettably didn't take the camera with me in the glider, but did get this shot which I liked of the tow plane.

4541084007_225f5d3ef2_b.jpg

Cheers!

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2010
    Nice capture. It brought back memories on two counts: I learned to fly in an old Piper J3, and my first flight in a glider was unforgettable. It was a fully aerobatic glider and we did maneuvers in it I didn't know you could do in one of those things. The most surprising aspect, though, was how loud the wind noise was....I wasn't expecting that.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • alexfalexf Registered Users Posts: 436 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2010
    Beautiful shot and PP. Love the old Cub and the Super Cub. Some of my fav planes (aftermarket, not default) in FSX. Wish I could get in one in RL.
    AlexFeldsteinPhotography.com
    Nikon D700, D300, D80 and assorted glass, old and new.
  • woellerdwoellerd Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2010
    Fantastic shot!. Great lighting and composition, and I love the sepia. I wonder just how many pilots got their wings with this classic aircraft.
    Dave Woeller

My Galleries: DWPhotoworks

My Blog Page: DWPhotoworksblog

Become a fan: DWPhotoworksfan
  • bike21bike21 Registered Users Posts: 836 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2010
    Thanks ya'll, I usually don't do sepia much but it fit nicely here I thought. Tail draggers are a hoot to fly, I didn't get my tail dragger add-on rating until I had about 2,000 hours so it was a bit of an un-learning experience. Some folks dream of owning a private jet, I dream of owning a Piper Cub :)
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2010
    Howdy Nick,

Really a neat shot and love the post processing,

I really liked the Name on the Engine Cowling

Very nicely done!!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas