Any Vancouver guys here - need info on HS10 availability

tsk1979tsk1979 Registered Users Posts: 937 Major grins
edited April 26, 2010 in Cameras
Hi,
A family member is in Vancouver for couple of weeks and I have asked them to pick up the Fuji HS10.
This cam won't be available in India for atleast 5 months, and price will be atleast 700$ or so.
So this is my only window to get this cam.

Unfortunately, neither Best buy nor stores like London drugs have this cam in stock. So I was wondering if any of you local guys have more clue as to which store should I ask him to check out?

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited April 23, 2010
    If you know anyone living in Vancouver that you trust I think your best bet would be to have them order the camera, so that your visiting friend can pick the camera up from them and reimburse them.

Broadway Camera advertises that they have Fujifilm products and accessories, but the only Fuji cameras they seem to have in stock are the Fujifilm Finepix F80 EXR and the Fujifilm Finepix Z700 EXR. I doubt that too many stores stock the FinePix HS10 especially this far away from the Christmas market.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grins Rockledge, FL on the Space CoastPosts: 0 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2010
    Ziggy,

Is Broadway Camera a Vancouver store? If so, OK.

There is a dealer in Brooklyn, NY that has enjoyed a less than wonderful reputation for decades. It's listed as Broadway Photo and many other names. Reseller ratings has a rating of 1.4 out of 10 for the last year.
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited April 23, 2010
    Jim K wrote:
    Ziggy,

Is Broadway Camera a Vancouver store? If so, OK.

There is a dealer in Brooklyn, NY that has enjoyed a less than wonderful reputation for decades. It's listed as Broadway Photo and many other names. Reseller ratings has a rating of 1.4 out of 10 for the last year.

I don't think there is any affiliation between the 2 establishments.

Broadway Camera, located at 1055 West Broadway, Vancouver, BC V6H 1E2, Canada, appears to be a real store and fairly large it would seem.

A fairly nice run-down of the Vancouver camera stores:

http://www.camerahobby.com/Photo-StoresPhoto.htm
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • tsk1979tsk1979 Registered Users Posts: 937 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2010
    I mailed all the stores like Dunn and Rundle, London Drugs, Leos camera.
    All say that within a week of order they can get camera(2 days if we are ready to pay fast shipping).
    BTW, I am dilly dallying on HS10 and may get Panny FZ-35 instead due to better video experience.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grins Rockledge, FL on the Space CoastPosts: 0 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2010
    ziggy53 wrote:
    I don't think there is any affiliation between the 2 establishments.

Broadway Camera, located at 1055 West Broadway, Vancouver, BC V6H 1E2, Canada, appears to be a real store and fairly large it would seem.

A fairly nice run-down of the Vancouver camera stores:

http://www.camerahobby.com/Photo-StoresPhoto.htm

That's good. As a former New Yorker I have an instant reaction to that name. I figured, coming from you, it was going to be another, unrelated business. Thanks.