The banks of Purgatory

Wicked_DarkWicked_Dark Registered Users Posts: 1,138 Major grins
edited April 25, 2010 in Landscapes
the Purgatory brook that is. Spent some time waiting for clouds to obscure the sun, but it was worth it.

The bank and the bridge
4546220221_a0db733192_b.jpg

In Triplicate
4546864096_698326c737_b.jpg

Proximity
4546864070_f8f70b96b8_b.jpg

Rest In Peace
4546220239_bc9a0b0844_b.jpg

Thanks for looking. Comments welcome as usual.

Comments

• squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2010
    what a gorgeous little stream! i would LOVE to spend a day shooting some "microscapes" there... you got some nice shots here, i think i like #2 the best.
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • Wicked_DarkWicked_Dark Registered Users Posts: 1,138 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2010
    Thanks much. I did love it, but the bugs! Despite anti-bug-goo, it became really intolerable. So maddening I couldn't "see" anymore if you know what I mean.
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2010
    THis isn't Purgatory Chasm, Suttan, MA, it seams or is it on the same property?

Nice series.

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
    edited April 23, 2010
    Hm...I might have to go check that one out. No this is Purgatory Brook in Mont Vernon, NH. Purgatory falls is there, too, but the light was lousy.
  • ABCLABCL Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited April 24, 2010
    Wonderful! I really love what you did to that green tone, it really is striking and helps lead your eye gently around the shot. clap.gif
    edited April 24, 2010
    thanks much. we've had quite a bit of rain and moss just sucks up water like crazy and gets very lush as a result. It's so irresistibly photogenic.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2010
    Thanks much. I did love it, but the bugs! Despite anti-bug-goo, it became really intolerable. So maddening I couldn't "see" anymore if you know what I mean.

That's good to know! My first thought on seeing these was just how beautiful that moss is. It looks like a carpet and I just want to roll in it. lol3.gif
    edited April 25, 2010
    This kind of moss (and others) is so springy that I often want to do it myself. Black fly season has begun though, and that's what drove me away. damn them.