Nikon D300 Controls: Is it possible to . . . .

LiveAwakeLiveAwake Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
edited April 24, 2010 in Cameras
I have a technical question for anyone who's a guru in customizing the controls on a Nikon D300 (presumably the same in other Nikon cameras).

I want to reverse the role of the main command dial and the sub command dial, but ONLY with respect to adjusting flash compensation vs adjusting flash mode.

I know it's possible in custom settings menu F7 to reverse the roles of the two command dials universally, but I'm *hoping* that somewhere I can make this adjustment specific to just the operations related to flash. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Comments

• alexfalexf Registered Users Posts: 436 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2010
    I've done some customizing in my D300/D700 menus but not what you ask. I don't think it can be done independently but I may be wrong.
    AlexFeldsteinPhotography.com
    Nikon D700, D300, D80 and assorted glass, old and new.
  • angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2010
    LiveAwake wrote:
    I have a technical question for anyone who's a guru in customizing the controls on a Nikon D300 (presumably the same in other Nikon cameras).

I want to reverse the role of the main command dial and the sub command dial, but ONLY with respect to adjusting flash compensation vs adjusting flash mode.

I know it's possible in custom settings menu F7 to reverse the roles of the two command dials universally, but I'm *hoping* that somewhere I can make this adjustment specific to just the operations related to flash. Is this possible?

Thanks!

No. Universal Only~
    tom wise
  • LiveAwakeLiveAwake Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2010