Google Bicyclists

craig_dcraig_d Registered Users Posts: 911 Major grins
edited April 28, 2010 in Street and Documentary
I was out shooting on a paved path by the edge of the San Francisco Bay early yesterday morning when a large group (probably over 100) of bicyclists went by. I'm not sure if this was part of some event or preparation for an event, but as you can see, they were all geared up and many of them had Google's logo prominently displayed. They seemed to be in high spirits. I took a few shots as they passed by; this one came out best.

I tried a few different approaches to a B&W conversion of this shot, but I think color is helpful here, not only because it helps in differentiating overlapping figures, but also because they were a colorful group and I think color (especially in that early morning light) helps to bring out the mood.

C&C appreciated.

846263126_s7Skx-L.jpg

Canon EOS 5D Mark II
Nikkor 300mm f/4.5 AI-S manual focus lens
1/1000 sec. at f/8, ISO 400
http://craigd.smugmug.com

Got bored with digital and went back to film.

Comments

• bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2010
    I always wondered what those Google Bots look like lol3.gif

Fun catch
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2010
    craig_d wrote:

Really amazing that the gray haired guy on foot can keep up with them - and he looks as though he's not even breaking a sweat! rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • craig_dcraig_d Registered Users Posts: 911 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2010
    bdcolen wrote:
    Really amazing that the gray haired guy on foot can keep up with them - and he looks as though he's not even breaking a sweat! rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

Heh-heh. They were actually doing a really good job of navigating around people who were on foot, considering how large a group they (the bicyclists) were.
    http://craigd.smugmug.com

Got bored with digital and went back to film.