Tuscan vinyard

One OldtimerOne Oldtimer Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
edited April 27, 2010 in Landscapes
4549060732_7eaceef1a9_o.jpg

Comments

• craig_dcraig_d Registered Users Posts: 911 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2010
    Interesting shot. I like the composition, particularly the way the tree in the lower left corner breaks up the pattern of diagonals. The picture has an oddly low-res, undetailed quality to it. I'm not sure if it's just because of overexposure or if this is a blown-up crop from a much larger image, or if it's something you did intentionally in PP, but it make the image seem more abstract and less like a picture of a real place. Whether that's good or bad depends on your intention. It's intriguing, at least.
    http://craigd.smugmug.com

Got bored with digital and went back to film.
  • One OldtimerOne Oldtimer Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited April 24, 2010
    craig_d wrote:
    Interesting shot. I like the composition, particularly the way the tree in the lower left corner breaks up the pattern of diagonals. The picture has an oddly low-res, undetailed quality to it. I'm not sure if it's just because of overexposure or if this is a blown-up crop from a much larger image, or if it's something you did intentionally in PP, but it make the image seem more abstract and less like a picture of a real place. Whether that's good or bad depends on your intention. It's intriguing, at least.

Thanks for looking - this was meant to be an abstract, shot early in the season, hence the paler green.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2010
    I love abstracts and this is great! Definitely captures the freshness and newness of spring, holding all the promise of the later harvest. thumb.gif

The only nit I have is that it looks a bit grainy, or maybe over-sharpened? ear.gif
    edited April 26, 2010
    schmoo wrote:
    I love abstracts and this is great! Definitely captures the freshness and newness of spring, holding all the promise of the later harvest. thumb.gif

The only nit I have is that it looks a bit grainy, or maybe over-sharpened? ear.gif

Thanks for commenting - I DO have a problem with sharpening at times.
  • ABCLABCL Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited April 26, 2010
    It's interesting, I like abstract too. Though I agree with schoo about the sharpening, looks to be a little too much and the detail suffers, try not sharpening the image, I used to be a serial sharpener but grew to love the natural sharpness of the lens over Photoshop. :D
    edited April 27, 2010
    ABCL wrote:
    It's interesting, I like abstract too. Though I agree with schoo about the sharpening, looks to be a little too much and the detail suffers, try not sharpening the image, I used to be a serial sharpener but grew to love the natural sharpness of the lens over Photoshop. :D

Good point - will keep that in mind. Thanks!