Hung to dry

One OldtimerOne Oldtimer Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
edited April 28, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
4549095250_4950eb68f5_o.jpg

Comments

• One OldtimerOne Oldtimer Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited April 26, 2010
    Hung to dry
    So many people looking and NO comments? Is this image THAT bad?
  • runwayrunway Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited April 26, 2010
    So many people looking and NO comments? Is this image THAT bad?
    We're just concerned that there are two tops but only one pair of stockings.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2010
    My first time taking a look at this one and I really like it thumb.gif
    edited April 27, 2010
    runway wrote:
    We're just concerned that there are two tops but only one pair of stockings.

Panties didn't fit and I couldn't think of anything else suitable to hang!
    edited April 27, 2010
    Hung to dry
    Dogdots wrote:
    My first time taking a look at this one and I really like it thumb.gif

Thanks for looking and liking this one, Mary....much appreciated!
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2010
    Hi there,
    I really like this shot.
    It made me want to shoot something similar. There is just something about women's frilly undergarments that is very sexy and I like how you displayed and shot them, very minimalistic--nicely doneclap.gif

And now to go and steal your idea :)

Can I ask you about the set up--basically where did you shoot this? I can't think of a single place in my house where I can do this without clutter or trees, furniture, windows showing up.

It has a very cool high key look.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2010
    Hi there,
    I really like this shot.
    It made me want to shoot something similar. There is just something about women's frilly undergarments that is very sexy and I like how you displayed and shot them, very minimalistic--nicely doneclap.gif

Can I ask you about the set up--basically where did you shoot this? I can't think of a single place in my house where I can do this without clutter or trees, furniture, windows showing up.

Liz try hanging up a white sheet. I use a white shower curtain liner in front of a big window for some of my shots.
  • wendellwendell Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2010
    Very nice. I like the high key element of the shot. The composition works and it is sexy. It makes one think of the garments that are missing and what lovely lady may have taken them off. Good job.
    edited April 28, 2010
    Hi there,
    I really like this shot.

Shot in a bedroom with a sheet of tracing paper covering the window. Laundry hung so it fits into that window space. You can get rolls of tracing paper at art supply stores. VERY handy for window lit still lifes too.

Cheers,
    Kathy.
    edited April 28, 2010
    Dogdots wrote:
    Liz try hanging up a white sheet. I use a white shower curtain liner in front of a big window for some of my shots.

hee hee so simple Mary Kim, thank you.
    Now to go get me a big window without window guards, aaahh NYC living.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited April 28, 2010
    Shot in a bedroom with a sheet of tracing paper covering the window. Laundry hung so it fits into that window space. You can get rolls of tracing paper at art supply stores. VERY handy for window lit still lifes too.

Cheers,
    Kathy.

Thanks Kathy.
    I actually do shoot often infront of my bedroom window, it has the best light, but it has window guards (I have a 3 year old and we are on a higher floor) so I think I can work the tracing paper. Up until now I've been doing lots of PP work cloning out the guards and the other houses etc showing in the window. I will either start throwing a sheet up as Mary said or the tracing paper--thank you.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited April 28, 2010
    wendell wrote:
    Very nice. I like the high key element of the shot. The composition works and it is sexy. It makes one think of the garments that are missing and what lovely lady may have taken them off. Good job.

Glad this is "your thing". thanks for looking and liking!