Lit Crossing

Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
edited April 25, 2010 in Street and Documentary
Not sure what this would qualify as, but here it is in Street & PJ. C&C very welcome.

846644938_sxPAe-XL.jpg

Comments

• bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2010
    It needs something to hold your viewers attention:

dog
    cat
    person
    something going on

No worries it doesn't stop me from shooting these as well :D Light/dark are always intriguing.
  • Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2010
    bfjr wrote:
    It needs something to hold your viewers attention:

dog
    cat
    person
    something going on

No worries it doesn't stop me from shooting these as well :D Light/dark are always intriguing.

Thanks Bfjr, I had some cars in a few but the focus/camera shake was so intense they weren't worth working on. I thought the light pole and crossing sign were intriguing, but I am not everyone :).
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2010
    Not sure what this would qualify as, but here it is in Street & PJ. C&C very welcome.

846644938_sxPAe-XL.jpg

This is a really terrific image - or will be when you reshoot it with the missing element in place. Ben has it right - it needs a dog, cat, person, skunk, deer, somthing. I'd even suggest going back with a tripod. Set it up in the same place from which you shot this one. Pre-focus on the place where you want your added element...and wait. Bring a case of beer, bottle of Scotch, 12-pack of Coke, thermos of coffee - whatever you need. Bring a chair. Bring a book and a flashlight. It will be worth it - you have found part of a "decisive moment;" now go wait for the rest of it to fall into place. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
    edited April 25, 2010
    Thanks B.D.! I need a remote shutter release, since even my finger was causing a substantial amount of shake on the tripod I was using (not a great one at that). I suppose it would be taboo to get a person to stand there for me, but I certainly don't mind waiting around either.
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2010
    Thanks B.D.! I need a remote shutter release, since even my finger was causing a substantial amount of shake on the tripod I was using (not a great one at that). I suppose it would be taboo to get a person to stand there for me, but I certainly don't mind waiting around either.
    Well, it would be taboo if you're doing street, documentary, or journalistic photography. But posing someone - maybe having a naked woman walking under the light - would be perfect in the art photography world. rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
    edited April 25, 2010
    bdcolen wrote:
    Well, it would be taboo if you're doing street, documentary, or journalistic photography. But posing someone - maybe having a naked woman walking under the light - would be perfect in the art photography world. rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

THE POSSIBILITES ARE ENDLESS. haha