6.847027598_D6Ego-L.jpg

Comments

• rogerchesterrogerchester Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited April 25, 2010
    I like the use of the laptop. Very nice
    canon 40D EF70- 200mm 1:2.8 l is usm EF28-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM
  • Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2010
    Looks like you captured everything this individual was looking for in her pictures. Well done!
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2010
    I really like the series, but the last 3 are the best of the group IMO. To me, they feel much more expressive of who she might be.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2010
    A really fun series, she has a lot of personality.
    My favorite is the first one.....is that her truck?

You may have done it on purpose but if not...watch the left tilts.
    I have a real problem with this in my own photography so am particularly sensitive to noticing it in others work.
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2010
    Zoomer, at a bunch of workshops it seems that tilts are in with the seniors. Even the horizon line, go figure.
  • Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2010
    Nice job, especially with the composition! thumb.gif

I wish there was a bit more variety in the facial expressions though…

thumb.gif

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2010
    Hackbone wrote:
    Zoomer, at a bunch of workshops it seems that tilts are in with the seniors. Even the horizon line, go figure.

I know what you mean..
    The left tilts just drive me nuts because I do it all the time...my eye is crooked...I fight it constantly, so when I see it I want to fix it mwink.gif .
  • Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2010
    …just noticed #6:

Using the picture of her looking at the picture of her looking at the picture of her looking at the picture of her looking at the picture of her looking at the picture of her looking at the picture of her looking at the picture etc…

…might have been cool :D

thumb.gif

- Wil

PS: Couldn't resist - here you go (will remove if you don't like…)

848762997_6GSpb-L-1.jpg
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • renren Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited July 8, 2010
    I want to learn how to do the series thing on 5. I love the truck. I think I would have tried to use it more...Fit her like a puzzle around/into it.
    zoomer wrote: »
    I know what you mean..
    The left tilts just drive me nuts because I do it all the time...my eye is crooked...I fight it constantly, so when I see it I want to fix it .

Don't fight it Mike, embrace the tilt!! mwink.gif
    edited July 8, 2010
    To do the multiple personality just use the extract tool in photoshop. You can also use the lasso tool with a large feather then drop them onto a new layer and erase the white edge untill it matches.
  • colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2010
    Hackbone wrote: »
    To do the multiple personality just use the extract tool in photoshop. You can also use the lasso tool with a large feather then drop them onto a new layer and erase the white edge untill it matches.

FYI - Extract is gone in Photoshop CS5. It has been upgraded to Quick Selection + Refine Edge. The good news is you don't need to use the slow, manual lasso tool and erasing anymore. Where hair is involved, Refine Edge is a much, much better technique.

Example
    http://www.tipsquirrel.com/index.php/2010/04/adobe-photoshop-cs5-refine-edge-command/
  • renren Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited July 8, 2010
    colourbox wrote: »
    FYI - Extract is gone in Photoshop CS5. It has been upgraded to Quick Selection + Refine Edge. The good news is you don't need to use the slow, manual lasso tool and erasing anymore. Where hair is involved, Refine Edge is a much, much better technique.

Example
    http://www.tipsquirrel.com/index.php/2010/04/adobe-photoshop-cs5-refine-edge-command/

Thank you...I was searching CS4 and didn't see it there either.
    edited July 8, 2010
    In CS4 extract is an extra download from Adobe. There was such an outcry for that tool that they put it out as a download. Trying to decide if I want CS5 just for the refined edge tool. Might wait for another upgrade to be announced.