Lightroom Question

NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
edited April 25, 2010 in Digital Darkroom
I am about to get a bunch of new software (CS5) and was wondering if Adobe ever does the deals where you buy say lightroom 2 at the end of it's product life (since lightroom 3 is in a public beta now I am betting it wont be much longer) and they give you a free upgrade when the new one is released?

Or do I just wait for the new one to come out?

Comments

• colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2010
    They always do this, with every upgrade. But you have to play by the rules. Do not buy the previous version until you see the official announcement of how far back the free upgrade offer goes. For example if they said you'd get a free upgrade if you bought after a certain date or 30 days before the announcement, you want to make sure you did not buy one out of speculation before those cutoff dates or you're stuck. Here's an article about it. I don't think I've seen any info on Lightroom 3 upgrade grace period, but I didn't search either.
  • NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2010
    colourbox wrote:
    They always do this, with every upgrade. But you have to play by the rules. Do not buy the previous version until you see the official announcement of how far back the free upgrade offer goes. For example if they said you'd get a free upgrade if you bought after a certain date or 30 days before the announcement, you want to make sure you did not buy one out of speculation before those cutoff dates or you're stuck. Here's an article about it. I don't think I've seen any info on Lightroom 3 upgrade grace period, but I didn't search either.

Has anyone done it before? If it isn't too hard I might as well buy CS4 right now.