Options

Asheville, NC

LeeHowellLeeHowell Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
Anyone have recommendations for some fun nature/landscape shooting locations in Asheville? I'll only be available during the afternoon, so maybe somewhere with a great sunset?!

I'm assuming there's probably some good shots to be had in the downtown area too? I'll be there Tuesday through Friday, so probably wouldn't be able to hit any farmer's markets, unless they stay open during the week.

I've been to the Biltmore before, and that's an amazing place for photos - Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it there this go around. I'll be happy to share the shots I get :-)

Comments

• Options
    LeeHowellLeeHowell Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
    edited May 2, 2010
    The downtown area was a great spot for some photography! I only had one brief afternoon to walk around that area w/in about a mile from my hotel off Woodfin. These were mostly taken in/around the center square where the BB&T and Morgan Stanley offices were...Then I took a spin on the Blue Ridge Parkway until I hit the road closures, shortly after the French Broad River. The Parkway near Ahseville is less impressive and used as a shortcut for a lot of locals...Once you get about 10-20 miles away from the city, you really start to see the beauty of this road...Someone with more free time there and whose sole purpose was for photography could likely find some much more wonderful shots in this beautiful city!

http://www.lhclients.com/Everything-Else/Landscapes/Asheville