Testing the water & Shoes

00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
edited April 29, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Hello everyone - these were a couple out-takes from a senior shoot i did yesterday. The shoot didn't go as planned, 30mph winds and very bright / harsh sun (we didn't get started until 10:30.. ug). Anyway, here are a few
that I goofed around with in post and kinda liked the way they turned out.

848282803_FQP5J-L.jpg

848282532_ZQCcB-L.jpg
Devin

Comments

• 00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2010
    i did forget to put C&C welcomed .. or is that old saying if you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all lol3.gif
    Devin
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited April 27, 2010
    I like the first one a lot. thumb.gif The second isn't grabbing me. The idea isn't bad, but the lighting is flat and I think you either should have gotten much closer to the shoes or put them in a better lit spot.
    edited April 27, 2010
    Hi Richard - thanks, I to wondered about the second one, and opted to process it with cold tones.. i think i'll redo that one and try a different crop. Thanks for checking them out.
    Devin
    edited April 27, 2010
    Went back and did a quick rework of the shoes.. this any better?
    849598211_nxrt7-L.jpg
    Devin
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited April 27, 2010
    00SS wrote:
    Went back and did a quick rework of the shoes.. this any better?

Well, the color is more agreeable, but IMO you aren't going to be able to save this one in post. Both the shoes and the people were in shade while the background was very bright. It doesn't look like you used fill flash, either that or you set it too low. I think you need to re-think this one. Get the shoes in a sunny spot and get closer to them using a wide angle lens. Use off-camera fill flash on the people if they are in the shade and the background is bright.
    edited April 27, 2010
    Richard wrote:
    Well, the color is more agreeable, but IMO you aren't going to be able to save this one in post. Both the shoes and the people were in shade while the background was very bright. It doesn't look like you used fill flash, either that or you set it too low. I think you need to re-think this one. Get the shoes in a sunny spot and get closer to them using a wide angle lens. Use off-camera fill flash on the people if they are in the shade and the background is bright.

Excellent point, I agree.. will have to try again on this one. I did have an off camera flash, but didn't have it setup. and your spot on, I had just swapped over to my 80-200 from my 17-50 and didn't really setup the shot right. It was worth a try in post i guess... nothing ventured, nothing lost.

thanks for the input thumb.gif
    Devin
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2010
    I like the first one, but would like to see it in color.......As for the second one, maybe in a shoe store with bunch of high heel shoes around themrolleyes1.gif azzaro
    edited April 28, 2010
    Azzaro wrote:
    I like the first one, but would like to see it in color.......As for the second one, maybe in a shoe store with bunch of high heel shoes around themrolleyes1.gif azzaro

Hi Azzaro - Here is the original with just a layer adjustment (still think i like the bw better though). Thanks for taking a look.
    850735678_Taaxx-L.jpg
    Devin
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2010
    I like the color version the best.......thumb.gif azzaro