• bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2010
    #1 - yes !

#2 - no !

but that's just me :D
  • BrewsterBrewster Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2010
    Richard -
    Love # 1, the colors all work very nicely together, really like the blurred motion.

# 2 just makes me smile:D

nice work!
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2010
    The colors in #1 are all so ugly as to make for a beautiful photo...
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited April 27, 2010
    Thanks for the feedback, guys. I don't know about #2 myself, which is why I posted it. It's sort of a "so what?" shot, yet I kept going back to look at it. I still can't decide. headscratch.gif
  • PhotoLasVegasPhotoLasVegas Registered Users Posts: 264 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2010
    IMO neither work for me.

#1, way, way, WAAAY too much noise. I like the motion blur but the stationary portions need to be crisp/clear. Maybe I'm missing it, but nothing seems to be in focus at all? In summary: Great idea, composition/subject good.. technically, notsomuch.

#2 Agree with the consensus.. it's just the back side of a not-so-attractive back side. The crop/composition is not good at all. Overall, nothing interesting in the shot.

Sorry to be harsh, and I'm sure some will disagree, but that's my opinion.
    Las Vegas Wedding, Family, and Special Event Photographers.

Canon 7d
    2 Canon 40d
    70-200 f2.8L IS, 50mm f1.4, 50mm f1.8, 28mm f1.8, Tamron 17-55 f2.8, ProOptic 8mm Fisheye
    And a bunch of other stuff ;)
  • ABCLABCL Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited April 27, 2010
    Buenos Dias Richard :)

#2 for me, but I'm biased with B&W.

#1 Has a lot of noticeable colour noise and for me at least, it distracts from the subject in the shot.

Street photography is hard to 'get right' though, try taking a different angle or approach and seeing the world from a different perspective. :ivar
    edited April 27, 2010
    Thanks for the comments, PLV and ABCL. You are quite right that #1 is noisy and blurry. It was a grab--no time to fiddle with camera settings. My technique isn't good enough to avoid camera blur using a longish lens at 1/20 sec. lol3.gif But I rather liked it anyway, and I didn't do any noise reduction--or much of anything else--in post.
  • sabeshsabesh Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2010
    #1: Uninteresting subject matter and not in focus.

#2: Maybe a tight crop might work here: woman's hip downwards and cropped on both sides. Cheers.
    edited April 28, 2010
    sabesh wrote:
    #2: Maybe a tight crop might work here: woman's hip downwards and cropped on both sides. Cheers.

Thanks for the suggestion, sabesh, but I think maybe I'll just forget about this one. lol3.gif