Second attempt at senior work

Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
edited May 6, 2010 in People
Here is my attempt at senior work taken today. It was cloudy out today and helped to create good light. I hope you like and please feel free to C & C!

_DSC0049ed.jpg
_DSC0046ed.jpg
_DSC0045ed.jpg
_DSC0039ed-1.jpg
_DSC0034ed.jpg
_DSC0030logo.jpg

Comments

• CaspianCaspian Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2010
    I like them. My favorites run in reverse of the order you posted them, I like #6 the best, 5 next, etc. The stray stick in #1 and #2 bothers me, but it can be cloned out pretty easily.
  • Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2010
    Well thank you for your comments. I will clone those out and repost them when I get a chance. I was starting to think they were garbage since there was over 50 views and no comments!
  • CaspianCaspian Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2010
    I haven't found any correlation between views and comments. Keep posting and keep commenting on other people's pictures.
  • SurfdogSurfdog Registered Users Posts: 297 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2010
    My only complaint would be the stray hay in the first 2 shots. Easily fixed. Overall, great job! thumb.gif
    http://www.dvivianphoto.com

Don't worry. I can fix you in photoshop.
    edited April 27, 2010
    Caspian wrote:
    I haven't found any correlation between views and comments. Keep posting and keep commenting on other people's pictures.

I guess only time will tell!!
    edited April 27, 2010
    Surfdog wrote:
    My only complaint would be the stray hay in the first 2 shots. Easily fixed. Overall, great job! thumb.gif

Thanks for the comment! I have gone in and removed the stray hay. anyone have any other comments?
    edited April 27, 2010
    no other comments? i look to you all for help in making my work better!
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2010
    Don't know if this helps, but 2 is my favorite of the set. She has the best radiance there in terms of the overall image having some pop to it. 6 is close to that. The focus seems to be a bit off on the others, though it could be your compression -- a bit hard to tell here.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
    edited April 27, 2010
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Don't know if this helps, but 2 is my favorite of the set. She has the best radiance there in terms of the overall image having some pop to it. 6 is close to that. The focus seems to be a bit off on the others, though it could be your compression -- a bit hard to tell here.

ya i thought #2 was very vibrant! i am unsure where it seems to be off in terms of focus. these were all shot with my 24-70 at over 1/100 and at 200% they were really sharp. it probably is the compression then!
  • toddbtoddb Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2010
    nice set
    Favorites are 2 and 3 (3 the best). Great use of the setting. Agreed on the stray hay being a bit distracting in the first shot...The light is great, but I like the b/w conversion though. Wouldn't mind seeing how it plays out on a couple of the other shots (particularly 3).
    edited April 28, 2010
    toddb wrote:
    Favorites are 2 and 3 (3 the best). Great use of the setting. Agreed on the stray hay being a bit distracting in the first shot...The light is great, but I like the b/w conversion though. Wouldn't mind seeing how it plays out on a couple of the other shots (particularly 3).

thanks for the comments! The first shot i was trying to use the setting and i wanted a lot of hay. maybe my attempt fell short, but i liked it. also i thought about doing#3 as a b/w too, but i was getting such good color that i didnt want to lose that. thanks for the comments though i really appreciate it!
  • BrewsterBrewster Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2010
    Very nice!
    #6 is my favorite!
    edited April 28, 2010
    Thanks! I think it was my favorite too!
  • JonDraperPhotoJonDraperPhoto Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited April 28, 2010
    i like the set! But I think maybe a little more brightness and less orange could look good too. But that's just my taste. Everyone has their own taste and these are great! Especially for your second senior session. Nice work
    edited April 29, 2010
    i like the set! But I think maybe a little more brightness and less orange could look good too. But that's just my taste. Everyone has their own taste and these are great! Especially for your second senior session. Nice work

Thanks for the nice comments! ya i havent calibrated my monitor in a while so it might be slightly off. There was no color correction done on these. These are for the most part SOOC. Im hoping to get a lot more experience here in the next few months with senior work! Thanks again for the comments!
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2010
    Thanks for the nice comments! ya i havent calibrated my monitor in a while so it might be slightly off. There was no color correction done on these. These are for the most part SOOC. Im hoping to get a lot more experience here in the next few months with senior work! Thanks again for the comments!
    The seem incredibly yellow for SOOC shots :uhoh

#4 and #2 are my favorites, but in general you did a great job thumb.gif
    edited May 6, 2010
    ivar wrote: »
    The seem incredibly yellow for SOOC shots :uhoh

#4 and #2 are my favorites, but in general you did a great job thumb.gif

Thanks! Yes these are for the most part sooc. All I did to them was a slight burn on the edges and a some skin softening. These were shot with WB set to shade so that would be why they look yellow.